Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: RaV6

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Lots! i think is the actual answer mate :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Ohh put a supercharger on it and you have a true sports utility vehicle. Pretty damned awesome in my book.

So then Paul, rav gearbox and running gear strapped to my 1mz celica interest you know ;)

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    The front end is doable Craig, but it's at the back where it all goes funny, i have no idea if you can take Gt4 rear running gear and attach it to an NA chassis. Even if you can i don't think the diffs will match up, and that will break something straight away, therefore the only way would be to try and use the Rav4 rear diff as well, i have no idea if that's even possible.

Your best bet would be to buy a cheap Gt4 and i'd transplant the 1mz into that for you, it's way less work than converting your car.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

this thread highlights lots of the differences between vehicles in the US and the UK :)

the first is that they even consider that anemic 4 an option in the UK version. and the 2nd is that you guys are talking about the tow capacity of a rav-4. why would you want to do that?

this is how you tow:

Ffs gouky mate we wouldn't get away with that over here, for one thing we don't have roads like you do when you say it's just down the road we think a couple of hundred yards, you lot think in miles lol as in "I've just been to the scrapyard 300 miles away" .
    I had my cousins come over from Canada a few years back and they thought I could come from Manchester to London on Saturday and take them back to Manchester then back to london on Sunday that's like 14 hours of driving by the time we got back to Manchester I would be turning round to go back to London, our roads aren't as straight forward as yours I still can't work out your numbering system is it evens for left and right and odds for up and down?.

Ps I quite fancy a gt4 v6 would have to be a 2gr though even if I had a rav it would be a 2gr or 1mz supercharged.

Hey Paul they thought we were mad for fitting a 2gr to the mk1 lol how much is that worth, a rav 6 sounds like a bargain for the winter, your going to have to bring that to jae with the v8 on a trailer it will blow people's minds mate.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    Ps I quite fancy a gt4 v6 would have to be a 2gr though even if I had a rav it would be a 2gr or 1mz supercharged.

Hey Paul they thought we were mad for fitting a 2gr to the mk1 lol how much is that worth, a rav 6 sounds like a bargain for the winter, your going to have to bring that to jae with the v8 on a trailer it will blow people's minds mate.
    And the microwav6

yeah, distance is a different thing here. on the 4th of july i drove about 900miles round trip to pickup another MK1. while slightly excessive for 1 day's drive, nobody would think you were insane around here if you mentioned that.

as for the highway numbering system, north south gets odd numbers, east west gets even numbers. the hundreeds place can tell you if the road is a bypass, a spur or a loop road. the numbers tell you quite a bit but just about nobody knows the rules.

Just what I mate do Paul mate, looking at buying a GT4 rolling shell and working on it from scratch and transplanting everything over once I'm bored with mine ;)

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast