Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: RaV6

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I might do Chris, i might leave the red Mk1 at home and use this to trailer down the V8 in whatever state it is in.... it's not as if this one will lack the torque to pull a trailer!

I agree, should be an awesome daily car.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

this is fooooooooooookin awesome this has made my weekend full stop.

Nice work Paul... though to piss on your bonfire toyota already built a Rav4 V6 ;-)

"Toyota has been hard at work applying the 3.5-litre Toyota Aurion engine (2GR-FE) across its entire range. First it was the Tarago then the Kluger, and now it has found its way into the RAV4"

Though probably the worlds first 3VZ Rav4 and only V6 in the old shape. It'll be a hoot for traffic light dragging anyway, does it still have the steely wheels on it?

I knew of the US Rav4 V6 versions, 2grs must be mental in those things, and as far as i'm aware this is definately the first UK Rav4 with a V6, a US board member has told me 2 other such cars have been built in South America somewhere.

It has pretty stock looking alloy wheels on it, should be quite a sleeper.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    I knew of the US Rav4 V6 versions, 2grs must be mental in those things, and as far as i'm aware this is definately the first UK Rav4 with a V6, a US board member has told me 2 other such cars have been built in South America somewhere.

It has pretty stock looking alloy wheels on it, should be quite a sleeper.
    Supercharger ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Ok i was talking to Anth last week about replacing the Gaylander (it's a Freelander, but it's gay as hell), for the coming winter. To be honest the K series powering the Gaylander is woeful and i really hate driving it now, it's such a chore even commuting to work and the build quality is shockingly bad.
    The freelander was ok it's you that's gay! Talk me through this rav6 name mate, I still don't get how you come up with it?

Great work as usual, might have a pop over in the week to see how things are coming along. Has you microwave got a v6 in it yet?

Has you microwave got a v6 in it yet?
    Yes it has! We call it the Microwav6 :)

Here is the beast in question...

Paul, when the 2Gr's were being done last year, i followed a V6 Rav4 that is local to me... i couldnt keep up with the damn thing! assumed it had the 2Gr in it!

4x4's not popular in my house as everyone round here has the latest range Rover V8, porsche mega expense or BMW X5, get a bit sick of the more money than sense types and damned jelous of the spending power too........ but a V6 Rav4 for winter and a V6 mk2 for summer.... mmmmmm, i dont know i think theres a market there... do you remember those Airfix 'Dogfight Double' kits?

I think the killer from a business point of view is the price of Rav4's... under a grand gets you a pretty mint one, so who would spend £4k on one to have it converted when there are other V6 4x4's out there that you could easily buy for £5k all done and dusted... (i'm presuming there are some!)

I think it could be a great homebuild for some TB members though, Mr2 V6 in summer, Rav6 in winter.

Oh am liking this. What's the towing capacity on the RaV6?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast