Ok i was talking to Anth last week about replacing the Gaylander (it's a Freelander, but it's gay as hell), for the coming winter. To be honest the K series powering the Gaylander is woeful and i really hate driving it now, it's such a chore even commuting to work and the build quality is shockingly bad.

SO! what to do? Well we talked a bit, and decided a great vehicle to own would be a Rav4, 2WD and switchable to 4WD when you need it, already has a Toyota engine (the equally shite 3s-fe) inside it so that got us thinking....

Can you see where this is going?

Last Monday, that's 6 days ago, i bought a 95 Rav4 on the Ebay for £600, got the train down to Birmingham, paid for it and drove home. To be honest it went pretty well, pulled great and surprised me how much better it was than the Lander of Gay. I also noticed how much lighter it felt, it's the 3 door version by the way, so short wheelbase.

200 miles later and by 2:30pm i landed at WS HQ.

By 5pm the 3s-fe was on the floor LOL, coolant still warm, and after i promised the woman i bought it from (she owned it for 7 years) that i'd take good care of it, tut tut.

Tuesday saw a 3vz-fe stripped and by Wednesday rebuilt and fully detailed.

Wednesday saw the block modified and 4WD transfer case altered so that they could be bolted together (ses serres baise, excuse my french!) but the gearbox eventually went on.

Thursday saw the Rav4 and Camry wiring harnesses spliced together, power steering pump modified to fit the V6 and lots of other mods.

Friday saw the engine and gearbox fitted, lo and behold we had created the worlds first V6 powered Rav4, now officially called the RaV6 (see what i did there)

Today i connected lots of shit up, sorry but there are no pics yet of this beast, you will have to take my word for it!

So there is maybe 2 or 3 days tinkering work left before it runs, we expect this little 4x4 to be quicker than a Mk2 Mr2 with the same engine, it's considerably lighter and will put power to all four wheels on launches, i'll shoot a few vids of 4 wheel drifts next week!

The thinking behind this project is why not get some V6 goodness during the winter when our Mr2's are all laid up unable to go out, apart from Jiff who regards it as some sort of winter sport :)

You should see the V6 in the bay though, it looks meant to be and quite a sight, still can't believe this time last week i didn't even own it!

Pics coming Monday :thumbsup: