Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: RaV6

Still tempted myself with my 5 door - although would need to make sure the chassis is ok first, and all the drivetrain etc are ok. :)

Quote Originally Posted by gavsdavs View Post
    How can that be - gearing ?
    If I recall correctly although the 3 door is constant 4wd etc it's actually slightly lighter than an mr2 (especially a t-bar) and yes the gearing is closer since it's designed for the 3s-fe engine (not as high revving). I think the 3vz engine is similar is characteristics to the 3s-fe so the stock rav gearbox is more suited to get the most out of it in the rav. Just my humble opinion though... :)

...Though not a Toyota...Ive always liked the idea, of a toy v6, in a Suzuki Jimny ? :)

David

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    So, Rav6 update time, this is back in my ownership, long story but short version is the buyer never came for it so it has been in storage all these years, so with a deal done i'm going to put this on the road this winter for shits and giggles.

She is going to need a fair bit of recommissioning work but i remember how stupidly fun this thing was <flicks hair>... it'll be worth it!

So if you get overtaken by a Rav4 going uphill towing a trailer full of fridges in your Murcielago.... that'll be me.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Was this the SWB version Paul?

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Always wondered what happened to this. I recall you saying that the buyer had gone to ground.

C.

Yep SWB.

Yes SWB model, ridiculous fun, faster than a Mk2 with the same engine.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Only pics i have right now are in this thread, just pics of the engine in the bay, i'll grab some as it goes.