Morning Sir Chris, yes the auto box will bolt to the 3vz, but there the good news ends.

Oddly even though the 3vz is in auto form in the Camry, it becomes a nightmare when trying to make it auto in anything else. The reason is down to your ECU, in the Rav it is taking inputs from the engine as well as gearbox and decides shift points/timing retardation (not to be confused with Mrv6) , torque convertor lock up and lots of other auto voodoo i don't really understand (or want to!)

Now if you say, ok lets ditch the 3s-fe auto ECU and use the Camry one for everything, there are compatibility issues between that ECU and the Rav autobox, ratios will differ, plugs won't fit and again a whole host of other crap.

It might be possible to retain both ECU's, let the camry one run the engine and the Rav one handle the box, but you would have a wiring nightmare!

The only auto V6 in the Uk uses the Camry gearbox, but you cannot do that in the Rav unless you want to build a pure 2WD, but then that sort of becomes pointless.

Sorry it's not better news, i'm not saying it isn't possible, but i've been asked many times to build an auto 3vz Mr2 and refused for all of the headaches above.

Nightmare mate!

EDIT: The Rav4 has two cupholders by the way :)
EDIT EDIT: We also thought about the name Radge4