Thread: Celica GT4 pressure plate doesn't fit on fidanza

Celica GT4 pressure plate doesn't fit on fidanza

EDIT: GT4 plate does fit!! they supplied me the wrong pressure plate!!!!

My fidanza flywheel (130881) just came in so i tried to fit the pressure plate on the flywheel but it doesn't fit.
    The holes for the bolts and locating pins in the pressure plate seem to have the right pattern but are placed to far inwards. Also the diameter of the pressure plate seems about 4mm smaller than the diameter of the part of the flywheel where it bolts on.
    The pressure plate is a Valeo for a 1996 Celica GT4

Do i have a faulty pressure plate or did i brought the wrong one?

I've found the problem!

The store did sell me a Celica/MR2 N/A pressure plate. The friction diameter of my pressure plate was 150 - 225mm instead of 150 - 236mm. And there's a 0.25inch diffrence in heart to hearto distance of the locating pins between the 3S-GE and 3S-GTE flywheel.

Their system told it was a GT4 pressure plate

muppets uve had store people do the same thing mostly young spotty teenagers, "well it said it was that number ?" grrrrr my mate had a good one this week he went to the plumbers for a diagaphram seal for his loo pump and the lad that served him said "we dont have any in that colour but we do have them in red, do you want a red one instead".

The peaple behind the counter can't help it. They only can check the numbers, they don't know anything about part dimensions n stuff.

Mmm don't think the red seal's work... you realy need a brown one to match the color of the stuff that's going trough the pipes
    Some teenagers having a holliday job :icon_surprised: