Hi all,

Just put my mk1.5 back on the road after 4 months and seem to be having a whole host of issues suddenly.

I have a Power FC and am getting some scary readings on the commander.

1. Intake temps. I am running a ST185 chargecooler and previously the intake temps were running at about 33 degrees. Now they are mid 40's and going as high as 55 even when moving. I have had the pipes disconnected and doesn't seem to be an airlock in the system.

2. Boost. I have the AVCR set to 0.9 bar with duty at 60% and this used to hold steady at 0.9 with no issues. Now today I have seen it go as high as 1.25 bar even though its still set to 0.9 so no idea what could be going on with this?

3. Knock. Pretty sure this is caused by 2 as when I hit full boost I saw the ECU light start flashing and saw a knock reading of 71, I didn't use boost again after this. Previously my knock readings were mid 20's on boost but now i'm seeing mid 40's when the boost decides not to go crazy.

4. Headgasket. Would be pretty unlucky but I think the boost spike may have finished this off. I am running a stock rev 2 gasket and when I got back from my drive the expansion tank was up to the brim and leaking out of the top slightly. When I knocked the car off all the water in the system started boiling. However the temperature gauge never went over half and the temperature on the Power FC commander was at 89 degrees which is normal?

Does this sound like it could be time to start pulling the engine apart? Will be fun in a mk1 :shock:

Any ideas on where to start with the issues? I am guessing boost and charge temps might have to be the first port of call but unsure where to start?