Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: st185 single piston calipers rebuilt

crikey any Ti stuff you can get get then paff as its the danglies ! started swapping botls on my bike to Ti but feck me soon stopped with some bolts costing close to a tenner to save me a few grams, easier if i didnt have a cuppa before going out on the bike ! But you have to love titanium its just such an amzing material !

right then , i dont think its worth buying loads, but i have two spare sets with stainless washers too. im not in the market for ebaying such sets, & i didnt pay as they were samples, so, respectively sam and boon wanted. p.m me your address, donate a quid for the postage and i'll pop them in the post
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

i mock fitted calipers and discs, just to make sure i have the correct setup. these celica calipers came from a 1992 (1991-1994) celica st185
    codes:
    57-25

discs 280x28 5 x100, modded to 4x100
    centre bore 54.1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by adamh; 10-02-2006 at 21:38.

Admin can we make this a sticky please as it a great write up and applicable to most calipers !

granted. a rebuild on other type brakes st205's etc would be good with part numbers and how to's. might be worth at a later date compiling all brake rebuild threads into one thread with links to threads. tidy up a bit etc.

Am happy to do one on the 205 calipers after JAE as have 2 pairs to strip and refurb but when to toyota today armed with chassis number for the GT4 and nope couldnt get caliper pins or refurb kits, ferkin useless ! Have PM'd you about 185 kit !

Paff has recently rebuilt his 205 calipers so perhaps he could do a write up on them ! Actually think the split half calipers are easier to work with as done them on my bikes a few times and much easiere to get at and clean and refurb !

Yeah they are a lot easier to work with.

Can try to make a writeup, not sure if I have many pics but can possibly resplit one of the calipers if needed, failing that I'll help Sam out with a caliper, think I still have the part no's somewhere for the pins etc
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Nice one Ad - breaks on my todo list as well...!!
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedsam
    Am happy to do one on the 205 calipers after JAE as have 2 pairs to strip and refurb but when to toyota today armed with chassis number for the GT4 and nope couldnt get caliper pins or refurb kits, ferkin useless ! Have PM'd you about 185 kit !
    Why bother with mrT sam? brakes international are you best pals....

BCK4015 - Caliper service kit - ?12.15 +vat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast