Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woodsport Mk1 2011 rear strut brace

I need a standard brace bar if anyone has fallen out with theirs...

Chris.

Sent from my spackytard 'spell it how you like" iPhone

Hmmmmmm, that might fit my V6.

Will see what the bank's saying at the end of the month.

Doh! Log in fail yet again. It's Chris (Limey)

well whent out with the tape measure and the old level i had found and took some piks mate, seems two and a half inchs to the top of the plenum and 4 and a half too the top of the level roughly.

any who pics are better than wordss.

and a wide shot.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Ok, so if i make your brace with its lower edge 3" above the strut top it will have 0.5" clearance to the plenum, i can do that, so would you like me to forge ahead mate?

It'll take me slightly longer than a normal brace, the supports will need to be made from scratch.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Any chance I could have a pair of the mount tops and I can fabricated my own cross bar?

Do you want just the base plate horseshoe shaped bit or the whole thing that bolts to the strut tops?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Ok, so if i make your brace with its lower edge 3" above the strut top it will have 0.5" clearance to the plenum, i can do that, so would you like me to forge ahead mate?

It'll take me slightly longer than a normal brace, the supports will need to be made from scratch.
    Go ahead mate when do you need the Robert dinero?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Do you want just the base plate horseshoe shaped bit or the whole thing that bolts to the strut tops?
    just the base plate horse-shoe bit..no way could i cut one of them with a grinder..

Tiggs, no cash until i've made it for you with it being a one off.

Nik i have an order in with the laser cutter, i'll get that sorted as soon as they arrive.

Okey cokey mate and another little thing I noticed that engine lid hydraulic stay thingy , were did you get it could do with one as the standard ones a Gary glitter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast