Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Altezza 3sge

Altezza 3sge

Is it possible to transverse a 3sge from a Altezza? I have a sweet deal on one.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    If it's a 3sge it is the same basic block as the Mr2 and Celica engine so yes it will fit transverse.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

The intake manifold on the Altezza black top beams engine will need significant modification to allow the engine to be transverse mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticgeordie2007 View Post
    The intake manifold on the Altezza black top beams engine will need significant modification to allow the engine to be transverse mounted.
    Could I use the intake manifold from the mr2?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

General consensus is its not worth the hassle of fitting the dual-VVTi Altezza engine vs. the single-VVTi redtop (or grey top) engine for the sake of ~10hp. Plus if you're looking at at mk3, much easier to fit a 2ZZ-GE (bolt in), lighter etc.

I honestly couldn't tell you, it has long been discussed over on CCUK, if you pop on there and PM a guy called Zuban he would be able to tell you everything you need to know about how to fit one.

Black top head onto the red top bottom end with a oil supply to the exhaust cam. Altezza 3S block and Mr2 3S block are quite different at the front and rear, bell housing bolt pattern is different on the black top block.

Machining the red top head to take a black top cam sensor, oil feed and cam would amount to the same thing as the head castings are identical iirc.

At Rogue we looked at most things but unless there was a customer ready to front the loot nothing ever came of any of it.
    NEW Instant MR2 Expert, just add Lager.

Well you learn something new everyday, if i had to put money on it i would have sworn the 3sge in the Altezza would have exactly the same bellhousing pattern as an Mr2/Celica 3sge! That sort of makes a mockery of calling it a 3sge at all really doesn't it?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Nod View Post
    Black top head onto the red top bottom end with a oil supply to the exhaust cam. Altezza 3S block and Mr2 3S block are quite different at the front and rear, bell housing bolt pattern is different on the black top block.

Machining the red top head to take a black top cam sensor, oil feed and cam would amount to the same thing as the head castings are identical iirc.

At Rogue we looked at most things but unless there was a customer ready to front the loot nothing ever came of any of it.
    Same with the 5s I'm assuming. As far as making a 5sge.

Lyndon are you sure the Altezza 3sge has a different bellhousing pattern to the Mr2 3sge? I'm still finding that very hard to believe but if you say it is then it's gospel. What bell pattern does the Altezza 3sge share then? Or none? Is it unique?

One day i had planned to mount a 2gr inline into something and hoped to use the Altezza box, this new info kinda pisses on that idea!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast