These are the three types of fuel rails that I have encountered:

A: 3VZ rails, FPR/return hose, marked "1D" on each rail. AFAIK all 3VZ's use these rails.
They WILL NOT work on a 1MZ. They look like they should work, but the injectors do not seat properly the o-rings deform and leak (don't ask me how I know).

B: 1MZ rails with FPR/return hose, marked "1C" on each rail. Apparently you can only find these on 1996 1MZ's. Good luck.
This is the simplest and most cost-effective option for a 1MZ-Mk2 swap. Cut the crimp connectors at each end of the inlet line with a rotary tool, insert a slightly longer fuel line that will reach your fuel filter and hook up the return line. Done.

C: Returnless 1MZ rails, front rail is marked "1A" rear rail is "1B." These are what came on my 1997 Camry donor car and are found on all subsequent model year 1MZ's.
The simplest way to use these rails in a Mk2 swap (if option B isn't available) is to insert a tee fitting on the inlet line between the fuel pump and rail, with a FPR coming off of the tee. The fuel bled off of the FPR is sent to the MR2 return line. Done. No tapping the rail nonsense involved!