Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mk2 outer hub conversion

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    What info do you need Tim?

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Higgott View Post
    So can i just confirm as i want to start collecting parts for this convertion. I need:-
    1)New hubs (If Gouky makes anymore)
    2)New bearings
    3)New brake discs (vw Do they need adapting?)
    4)V22 Calipers (Do these need adapting?)
    5)New wheels as the ones ive just purchased dont do 5x114.3 (Cant believe it, Team dynamics pro race 3)

Anything else?
    it's probably unlikely that i make more until i figure out what the deal is with the 3s-ge rav-4 flanges.

Well if Gouky is not making them who else does. What do i need to do to calipers and discs for them to fit.

Ta

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Higgott View Post
    Well if Gouky is not making them who else does. What do i need to do to calipers and discs for them to fit.

Ta
    if this is the solution you want, they aren't terribly difficult to make. you have to start with a camry flange, add a ring that spaces everything out to the right distance and fits the seal diameter of the hub (and has a seal finish on the OD) then the whole thing gets cut down to fit in an MKI bearing.

any machine shop will be able to make it if you give them the raw parts and the dimensions.

but there's probably some validity to the rav-4 knuckles, that's why someone should investigate it.

You could buy some hubcentric wheel spacers that double up as off changers, I've seen 5x100 to 5x114 hub converters I guess they must do others too

Quote Originally Posted by p5ycho View Post
    You could buy some hubcentric wheel spacers that double up as off changers, I've seen 5x100 to 5x114 hub converters I guess they must do others too
    I think you've missed the point mate most are 5x114 on Toyota hubs nowadays, the reason for the hub change is to fit full turbo shafts and cv joints into a mk1 with out too much mods, so you get mega strong drive train rather than the st185 generic outer cv joints which tend to go pop over 300bhp, the only downer is the 5 stud wheel pattern rather than the 4x100 of the mk1.

Marc, did you mention you had also converted the fronts to 5 stud?

Looks like the wheels i have dont come in the width i want at the rear so i will be looking for a complete replacement set!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil_turbo View Post
    Marc, did you mention you had also converted the fronts to 5 stud?

Looks like the wheels i have dont come in the width i want at the rear so i will be looking for a complete replacement set!
    Yeah, I went 5on 4.5 all around. I used cheap stock 350z 17" wheels with a nice stagger and fit massive supra calipers and Rotors from an suv up front.

I Defoe need that info for my next front upgrade gouky mate supra brakes and big rotors drool.

I seriously think i overdid it on the brakes. we took that car endurance racing for 14.5 hours and the brakes showed almost no wear at all. the supra calipers are mounted so far out that i had to grind them to fit a 17" wheel over them.

i serously doubt anyone with a street car needs quite that much brake :) but hey, what the heck. i'm sure Paul can make it happen for you :)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast