Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mk2 outer hub conversion

Well not sure if i'm gonna make japshow and dont do hard starts so it wasnt top of my list. Know i need to do something at some point to get the best so i have put it in the plans for the future.

These hubs sound ideal for what i am after? so basically another alternative to machining down the mk2 turbo hubs?

Expected HP is going to be around 380-400 once everything is run in (with a good amount of torque as well) and will be subject to some pretty heavy starts sprinting

To be sure i'm on the right understanding, this is the replacement hub (bearings would need replacing?) that would then accept a complete mk2 driveshaft.

As you say would need to run 5 stud wheels,

brakes wise would be a mk2 22v rear caliper and disc?

Any more info would be great and can send cash tonight for the final set?!

Cheers

Neil

i personally haven't tried that brake combination but it seems resonable.

it uses the stock MKI bearing but you will need to replace it since removing the old one destroys it.

I'm not promising that stock turbo shafts will put up to 400HP and hard launches, but there are upgrades available if you start breaking them. but yes, this makes stock MKII shafts work

I'm not really sure what other questions you have. there's not whole lot to these things. but feel free to ask.

if you don't have any other questions, just send the money and the hubs are on their way.

Marc

Think i am clear now! Cheers

I will send you the cash over, so that removes the need for machining the mk2 shafts. Bearings on mine need replacing anyway as it failed its MOT on them! put a spare one on but that one still sounds a little noisy!

So you will be sending these to Paul then i can collect from there

Cheers

Neil

It's the best upgrade I've ever seen for cv joint longevity the turbo shafts shouldn't let go at 350bhp, I've seen standard shafts take 425bhp of a tuned 3sgte I would go uprated from that point onwards if memory serves it's the inner cv joint cages which are the week spot after that, there was some one in the states doing uprated cages but I can't remember who it was?
    I've found them and they reckon you should use these over 300bhp http://www.tcsmotorsports.com/crwhdaxcaup.html
    And thinking about it all the high powered turbo motors I've seen have let go on the inner cv joint, hmmm gouky what do you reckon with the 2gr is it worth investing in some ?
    Last edited by snowtigger; 09-05-2011 at 17:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil_turbo View Post
    Think i am clear now! Cheers

I will send you the cash over, so that removes the need for machining the mk2 shafts. Bearings on mine need replacing anyway as it failed its MOT on them! put a spare one on but that one still sounds a little noisy!

So you will be sending these to Paul then i can collect from there

Cheers

Neil
    sold! (you'll see them soon. contact Paul as they are going to his address)

Sorted cheers!

I destroyed the outer knuckles on mine removing them, so if anyone wants to swap a 185 outer knuckle set for a standard pair of rev3 turbo shafts let me know!

So can i just confirm as i want to start collecting parts for this convertion. I need:-
    1)New hubs (If Gouky makes anymore)
    2)New bearings
    3)New brake discs (vw Do they need adapting?)
    4)V22 Calipers (Do these need adapting?)
    5)New wheels as the ones ive just purchased dont do 5x114.3 (Cant believe it, Team dynamics pro race 3)

Anything else?

The vw I think discs are a bolt on fitment ask Paul as he fitted them, I don't think the 22v calipers needed any thing doing other than the lugs of the mk1 bracket welding onto the mk2 one, as with all the 22v turbo rear brake conversions.

Thanks Tiggs.

Any info paul?

Any other hub conversion which would give a different bolt pattern as i cant buy my wheels in 5x114.3 and i like them.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast