Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Mk2 outer hub conversion

ahh so this one is off a camry! adds to the variety of parts that are on my car!

I have started getting the parts in so i can do the mk2 conversion at the front, so far i have the replacement mk1 bearings, the mk2 inner hubs are on the way, i know you mentioned the dust cap will need modifying, but did you say a different seal was needed for the front again? If you do you know which one it is?

cheers

Neil

the good news is i did find the directions, bad news is it did require a bit of machining:

except skip the bit about machining for the MKII dust cap, just modify the MKI dust cap instead.

Thanks Marc :-)

I had previously found this thread that suggests machining down the mk2 flange by 2mm

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/sho...ht=5+stud+hubs

It looks like you are using the mk2 bearings, as i already have the new mk1 bearings i will probably have a look at getting the flanges machined down by 2mm instead. Hopefully should work, though need to see what the 56mm longer and spacer part is all about!

there are a bunch of ways to acheive the 5 lug conversion. don't think that my way is best, it's just the way that i did it.

Cheers Marc. didnt know a single thing about the hubs and assembly when i got these so definately learned something!

I collected the Mazda seals this morning and hopefully the studs should be delivered today so can hopefully get everything dropped off at the garage tomorrow and pressed into place ready for the weekend!

Cant wait to see what the Volk TE37s look like on the car!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567