Thread: STA pin in the COR, Black wire instead of red

STA pin in the COR, Black wire instead of red

I've been having a look through Paul's idiots wiring guide and comparing it to the wiring on my 2 and instead of having a red wire on the STA terminal of the COR , I have a black wire fitted

I have looked at the MR2 wiring diagrams and can more or less determine that this is is equivalent to the red wire (this must be because my 2 was previously an auto)

so red in to neutral start switch and black out

any ideas if this is correct and where i would locate the switch so that I can bypass it ??

The start inhibitor switch if that's what you mean will probably have been located on the auto box.

You should be able to identify it on the engine harness / wiring diagram.

Hth

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    The start inhibitor switch if that's what you mean will probably have been located on the auto box.

You should be able to identify it on the engine harness / wiring diagram.

Hth

Chris

cheers Chris

so by thought this would have been pulled out on the mr2 engine harness, I was assuming the neutral start switch would have been located in the cab near the gear selector or under the dash somewhere, once the car is back on 4 wheels again , I will have to investigate further

there will either be wires were the gear selector was or on the auto box itself look up the auto wire diagram and bobs your uncle.

also why did you not go for goldys auto shift buttons/paddles for the auto box?