Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mk1 sherwood color paint caliper what?

mk1 sherwood color paint caliper what?

what would you guys think that will match best for the dark green mk1? just got the brakes back from the machine shop and are now sandblasted to bare metal

was thinking going dark blue, but dark car with blue calipers looks a bit yew on some pics

you recon?
    orange
    black
    silver
    red
    blue

What colour wheels?

Nolite id cogere, cape malleum majorem.

Gold?
    MK1.5 - fixed - turbo technics hybrid CT26, ST205 charge cooler, XS power manifold and decat (not split yet) air con to be sorted next

Oh, and its now running thanks to Jiff and BSM

silvy or black over here. i have black and they are nice and low key
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

car with new wheels and brakes,

calipers came back sandblasted, after i cleaned them with rotor spray and a good wire scrub look like they got painted silver( st205) and the v22 took a bit goldish but it is just bare metal

i think blue will not match the cars and wheels, red i do not like,

gold as ratty said or black silver might work nice

found some high temp anthracite spray in my garage, will try to see what color leaves on metal

I agree with Ratty, gold calipers would look great on that. :-)

Nolite id cogere, cape malleum majorem.

grrrr couldn't find 2 part epoxy caliper paint gold color, only G2 makes those and i have to order those from us,
    caliper spray is a no go as it is not chemical resistant

i bought black epoxy paint, will post pictures when done :)

Finally finished, what a mesh lol i have never worked with brush on car parts, thought it would be easier that spray paint, but was not, end result is really good, the shine the epoxy paint gave is amazing, other than that, i am a bit worried that due to the thickness of the paint out the can forced me to layer in my opinion too thick layers, as i was unable to find info on how to thin epoxy paint.

anyway here is the album photo album

OK fitted the lot to the car, rear left caliper is either stuck or handbrake calbe is not releasing,

should i try a repair kit with new caliper pistons, cost = 90 pounds
    or get remanufactured calipers for 120 each= 240

i am afraid that even with the repair kit i will not manage the repair and will end up getting the remanufactured calipers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast