Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The new engine mount templates

oh wow 10 mb on wireless nety, may as well just sleep now haha thank paul

if i copy these files to cd and give them to the company who is going to cut my mounts will they be able to do the rest? cos when i seen their setup/software they said they'd have all the templates arranged onto one pice of metal to be cut out. would it be easy enough for them to transfer all the templates onto the one sheet with these files?
    my names dave......

look huge on the programme. very helpfull though

Dam how did i completely miss these :doh: arhh

oh well engines mounted anyways and no rear firewall cutting needed so the download section ones worked ok for me
    the car infront is a toyota MR2 mk1.5 :p

Does anyone still have these, per chance? I'm about to do a V6 swap in my wife's mk.1 and it would be helpful as I have access to a laser cutter that can use them! :) Thanks!

hello, does anyone have the dxf files still? =) ty

not me. but you can print out the above measure the scale bieng correct with a ruler etc, then print off and use as a template for cutting.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Shirley somebody has the .dxf's somewhere on a hard drive :(

Alan...

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    As per email Alan, the mount templates are no good to you unless you plan on manually hanging the engine, even then they are only a rough starting point, the plates by themselves do not guarantee correct engine hanging location, for that you need a jig or do it by eye.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Paul,

Only just the email after I posted :) I did PM somebody who has one of your jigs, currently doing a conversion, but forgotten who :(

Alan...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast