Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Today was a good day!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I hear you Olie, it is indeed going to be a special one.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Paul that engine should be displayed in a glass case somewhere, its a work of art mate.

Well my new engine is now secured, i had a bit of a result actually, i spotted a badly advertised Rx300 motor (1mz-fe VVt-i version, 225bhp) tucked away in a badly lit corner of Ebay....

Now it looks like shit, perhaps that's the reason i picked this up for the grand sum of £260! But once i work my Kung-fu on it i'm sure it will be an amazing unit for my Mk1. First steps will be to get this onto an engine stand, stripped down, inspected and see where we go from there, it'll get a nut and bolt bobby dazzler makeover like the 4a-ge did, spanglier than Phils vajazzles!

I have some big plans for this engine, all of which will be revealed in due course. I don't think anyone in the UK has used the VVti 1mz ( in it's natural form) in a Mk1, i think the closest we have is Limeys throttle bodied beast.

I'll be keeping the full VVti function though.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post

Now it looks like shit, perhaps that's the reason i picked this up for the grand sum of £260! But once i work my Kung-fu on it i'm sure it will be an amazing unit for my Mk1. First steps will be to get this onto an engine stand, stripped down, inspected and see where we go from there, it'll get a nut and bolt bobby dazzler makeover like the 4a-ge did, spanglier than Phils vajazzles!

I have some big plans for this engine, all of which will be revealed in due course. I don't think anyone in the UK has used the VVti 1mz ( in it's natural form) in a Mk1, i think the closest we have is Limeys throttle bodied beast.

I'll be keeping the full VVti function though.
    Ahhh FFS 260 pounds? I paid a thousand for a knackeredd 3vz-fe, sometimes i wish i lived in the uk

225bhp stock is pretty damn impressive, with a bit of porting and a decent exhaust/headers it could reach 250 i think! Cant wait to see how this turn out. Is there any difference in sounds running with the VVTI?

These normally sell for around £1500 though, i just hit very lucky, i also don't know the mileage on it etc but i have the same engine in my daily driver Rx300 and i'm blown away by it, it pulls that tank of a thing to 100mph with ease and when you open the VVti there's a definate change in induction plus a healthy powerband.

Should go pretty well in the Mk1!

Excellent find Paul! I am very jealous, but I guess you have to spend a lot of time and effort searching before you "get lucky" on this scale! Hopefully it's all ok inside, once you've rebuilt this one as fastidiously as your 4AGE and then got bored of it, can you sell it to me please? :thumbsup:

great, with the scarcity & cost of 2GR's, I rather fancied a 1mzvvti and now your prototyping it for me ; )
    bloody marvelous!!!

very interested to see where this goes, £1500 you say

Well you can buy a complete Rx300 these days for as little as £2k, that would then break for at least that, leaving you with a free engine, but of course you have to go through the bother of breaking it.

The VVti 1mz is a stonker of an engine, we don't seem to get the bigger 3mz-fe in the UK so it's the next best thing to a 2gr.

God loves a trier Adam! :)

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516