Thread: Audi 4.2 v8 links

Audi 4.2 v8 links

Been hunting downs specs and dimmensions for the 4.2 v8 in an effort to start a mk2 transverse build later on this year, came accross a couple of useful bits and pieces thought id share:

http://pdf-ebooks.org/ebooks/audi-4.2-v8-pdf.pdf

Lots of random pdf manuals to chew on :icon_biggrin:

Search pauls v8 thread all dimensions are there plus all the pros and cons of transverse versus longitudinal mounting are covered in depth, and there's a few mk2 v8s being built.

Fair play if you can pull it off and we love pics and a build thread.

Some good info there. As above, continue with your research on the pro's / con's of transverse fitment - it is possible, but presents a larger number of technical issues you would need to resolve to get it to work correctly vs. installing inline... Check out 'Cbulen' (think there are some Youtube videos of his attempt) who gave a pretty comprehensive run down as to why the Audi V8 wasn't suited to installation transversely - namely, all the ancillary components and service you want to keep would need to be re-worked, and even then space would be very tight... You're in the right place to discuss these things of course..!

Ross

Thats really handy info on Pauls thread, didnt realize it was THAT wide, gonna be a fairly tasty fitment. Exciting times ahead!!
    Not reall interested in longitudanal fits, Dont quite fancy chopping up my firewall if I dont have to, then theres all the rest of the problems that go with it.

Also whats this OB1 gearbox? Cant find an exact match of what it is anywhere.
    From what I can find you have a couple of choices, Audi 012 or 016 and a pontiac fiero 6-speed, by the looks the OB1 is the 012 but thats just looking at the casing...