Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Steve's Audi AHC V8, 4WD, Celica project.

you guys DO make me laugh out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    I'm sensing some tension here.....

:)

Chris.

Right went for a scribble signature and sent it to the cunting twat faced arseholes :rofl:, it's currently in the name of a business, so here's hoping they'll accept anything. Didn't bother with recorded delivery, that's a bit of a joke service, it's not traced at all, just when it gets to it's final location they will peel of a sticker and scan it. Only useful if you're sending something to someone who may deny receiving it. Special delivery is a proper service, but costs a bit.
    While that's going through the motions I can start making this mini fuel tank. Good job I have a fire extinguisher.

Yeah, I just like to prove the fucktards got the logbook - had them go missing in the past and on one occasion it almost cost me dearly. Thank god I could quite literally back it up with paperwork!

Soon as a car leaves my hands these days I send a barrage of documentation to those guys.

Yeah, barsterds......

Chris

Aye, £400 and a crushed car cunts. Not a fan.

Wow !

Looks to be a Fabulous Project. :thumbsup:
    I thought a V6 & 4wd was Exotic

Good luck on the project !
    I'll stop by often to see the progress.
    Last edited by Gman; 01-04-2011 at 23:40. Reason: update

Had a bit of setback on this project. I'm trying to get this to work with the Audi ECU, but I didn't get a key with the car. So obviously need to get a new one coded. After phoning round various auto locksmiths, the consensus was I had to take it to Audi. They made me buy a new key and bring the whole car to them on a flatbed for coding. A bit of pain, but would be a lot cheaper than sorting out a standalone ecu.
    So, I got the key bought, and the car there, they plug it in, and no communications, manage to fiddle with the wiring (The loom from the OBD-II socket had melted into a mess as it passed over the CAT heat sheild area) and their computer could talk to the ECU etc. They type the VIN into the computer and it kickes up "Immobiliser code not found in Audi Carport". They then tell me that it's the cars wiring's fault, tell me they can't code it and send me home.
    So I'm back to square one.
    New plan:
    Pull engine out
    Break the S8, scrap the shell
    Rebuild engine
    Pick up a cheap Celica shell and work on mounting, subframes, 4wd system, exhaust.
    While also using the Celica as testbed for running the engine on a standalone ECU, probably Megasquirt or VEMS.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Go Vems steve, i can totally recommend it :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Bummer about the stock ECU set back. :-(

Things have been going a bit slow as I needed to sell a bunch of Audi to raise cash for the project. The S8 is now almost entirely stripped, so going to be chopping the car into lumps of Aluminium soon so I can cart it to the scrap dealer.
    Couple of engine pics, one in, one out.

Lots of gubbins piled on top as I wanted to concnetrate on getting rid of the shell, so anthing that looked important was left attached.
    Not mutch left attached to the shell now, just removed the front subframe, which I'll be using to make a jig to make the custom Celica front subframe.

Inside:

You can see the overheating problem which melted the wires causing the electrical issues. I may cut this section out and keep it to use as a guide when I have to fabricate a new transmission tunnel for the Celica. Also my interesting welded on steering bar to help me move the car after I cut through the steering column on the day I got it.
    Also, asking around places, I think there are companies I can send my Audi ECU off to and they'll disable the immobiliser and remove the 155mph speed limit.

Slowley but surely :icon_biggrin:

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Steve it's all progress mate, just keep chipping away.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234