Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The V12 Mk2 thread

M70 madness. You're ripe for a headcheck Mr Woods :icon_lol:

Seriously though, this is about the best V12 in terms of availability and noise - see na few in E30s and Lambo reps and they were epic.

I do also recall the Hoopra someone mentioned above - didn't it have about four turbos strapped on to it or something?

EDIT: Found it - Smokey Nagata of Top Secret. Figures!

Paul - you know where this is going!
    Last edited by Diesel Meister; 07-02-2011 at 21:18.

thats a nifty little trans, though you probably wouldnt say little if you dropped it on your foot.

so have you got a shell in mind?. just remember the targa's actually have more "depth" of material in the sills and pillars...the extra reinforcing will be your friend

Id start with a targa shell, and get the roof from a hardtop and weld in the missing section, though if your gonna add a jungle gym kinda surplus really....lol

if adding a jungle gym, Idactually reinforce the sills,cut a hole in the wheel arch and slide the pipe inside the sill, or cut away the sill, build the cage and refit the sill.

that way your not encroaching into the door space too much, your not having issues with seat fitment as its narrow in the floor as it is...

is this gonna be a "because I can car" a showing off car, or a racer eventually?
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

smokey is just as mad as a box of frogs, but you just have to love the japanese samuri spirit.
    but one of the reasons we have a speed limit of 70 was because of a racing driver testing a cobra lm at 197 on the m1 as that was the only stretch of straight road at the time and bsa and norton and triumph motor bikes at over 100 are also guilty of road testing flat out there as well, i dont think mr sensible paul will cough cough be braking any speed limits though or doing burn outs on his expensive tires on the public highways hes much to sensible?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosssco View Post
    FFS! Mk2.12, becoming a bit of mouthful!

Paul, I thought I'd migrate a bit of the info from the red place to the proper home of such discussion in case its any use. More photos of the 6-speed gearbox (Audi code: OB1) I bought for use with a ABZ V8, my original thinking being I could avoid firewall / chassis member / fuel tank mods or ANY cabin intrusion. That's because Audi (in an attempt to move the engine rearwards for weight distribution porpoises), put the differential in front of the clutch and flywheel. Effectively, if you run this gearbox with a slight bit a drive shaft angle, the rear hubs can be in line with the bell-housing face of the engine. So a ~20" long V8 will fit in the ~21-22" space between this dimension.. Just :thumbsup: Anyhoo, I digress.

As its fitted to 2.0 Turbo Audi's, which standard produce around 250lb/ft of torque (and weigh ~1500kg), I was pretty happy that it would cope well, perhaps even with the standard clutch, with the ~300lb/ft of a 4.2 V8 in a lighter car. Its a pretty much untested gearbox however (as its relatively new) so I'm unsure how it will do with a larger capacity V12... Audi don't tend to do many weak gearboxes though, as can be seen with the 01x, which originally came with similar output engines. Anyhoo, it would potentially save you a good 4" (), so food for thought!

Pic-a-tures:

Thread rape over...
    Oh aye, much that set you back Rosssco?

KBZ box?
    Last edited by OlberJ; 08-02-2011 at 00:42.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    smokey is just as mad as a box of frogs, but you just have to love the japanese samuri spirit.
    but one of the reasons we have a speed limit of 70 was because of a racing driver testing a cobra lm at 197 on the m1 as that was the only stretch of straight road at the time and bsa and norton and triumph motor bikes at over 100 are also guilty of road testing flat out there as well, i dont think mr sensible paul will cough cough be braking any speed limits though or doing burn outs on his expensive tires on the public highways hes much to sensible?

I quite agree, we are all responsible law abiding citizens, who would never dare to do anything irrisponsible on a public road....

waits for the lightning strike.....
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Cheers Ross, after speaking to you on the pink pages we think that trans is the way to go to get as much length saved as possible, you may well have saved us 5-6" there.

This will be a pure "because we can" car, it won't even be detailed, just pulling it off will be the mission. Good advice on the T-bag, frustratingly i chucked one away last month, which would have been a great donor car, but they are ten a penny these days.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thanks Diesel Meister, a V12 twin turbo supra gave me a great laugh at the start of the working day, wouldnt that car be epic if it was a sleeper, just painted grey!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QKO...eature=related

Of course we dont condone such hilarity on british roads, but 'no speak english' on damp bendy motorway, sheer nuts in every sense!!

Paul , you HAVE to detail it, do a proper Woodsport job, then get an article in every magazine you can, INCLUDING the conventional motoring press, I can see it now - home grown Geordie Supercar takes on Ferrari!

Of course we will all go on about huge engine power & turbo everything, but keep sort of it simple! NA power and beautiful noise.

If you are going to do it, then do it right...

Na don't bother detailing it. Get it in and functioning. Any making pretty stuff I can do myself :icon_mrgreen:

I read somewhere that someone doubts your talents and has bet you £100 that it won't fit.

All I can say is haha haha HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HA HA HA :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::l augh2::laugh2:

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast