Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: K36 UNL V12 engine build

Pending

K36 UNL V12 engine build

Hi guys as you know Paul Woods is building a V12 mk2, after hearing about this insane idea I thought that sounds like a bit of me lol. So I sold all the parts off my current 3sgte build and went and bought a BMW M70 engine

After stripping the car out, then came the heartbreaking part of making room for the engine. I don't have all the facilities to do this on my own which is why ive acquired the help from the legend himself sir Paul Woods! ;-).

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    You sir, are a madman! It takes some big balls to do what you have done, hats off to you.

Just to emphasize the epicness of what this guy is doing, i have no idea if the V12 will actually fit, not until everything is in place and mocked up, i have bought a really cheap Mk2 which owes me nothing, this young man has used his fully working Mk2 turbo!

We are not worthy.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Pending
    In this life you gotta take risks to get anywhere and this is no exception! Lol I believe anything is possible! And after seeing how well the engine fits now I'm 100% that this will work! ( you can't let me down now lol ). This build is the nuts, I mean look at the engine in there! Its a pure beast and I love it lol can't wait to fire it up haha

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Nik i think we just found the new homepage pic lol

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Pending
    Haha gotta love it.

Stripped the cam covers and intake manifolds off for a spruss up and found a snapped head bolt, finding this meant that the engine needed stripping just to make sure the rest off the engine was ok. Engine stripped and found the bores are in pristine condition! Happy days! So good clean up, new chain and gasket and the engines a gooden!

Yesterday my cam covers came back from being sand blasted and were ready for painting. Can't find the right black I won't tho :-( tried one and it came out Matt, now this one is like a grey not metallic black like it says on the tin lol. Here's a pic. Anyone know where I can get a deep black high temp paint ?

Eeeep, sand blasting? Hope there's nowt to trap the sand on the underside of the covers, do you have a pic?

Best to use normal paint, rather than VHT, it tends to show up as colours from the RNLIB or infact RNIB too :D

Pending
    The covers were in such a bad state, these were done by Motortech, they stripped, cleaned, blasted it. There pretty good so if there was any risk of sand being trapped they wouldn't have done it or would have ways of making sure all is removed ;-) ( well I hope haha ). I'm fairly new to this so I understand vht but whats vnlib and vnib? Sorry if this is a dumb question, please forgive me lol

Ha, sorry RNLBI is Royal National Life Boat Institute, the red VHT turns out life boat orange.

RNIB is Royal National Institute for the Blind.

There have been "incidents" before with media trapped in parts of the V6 rocker covers, just wanted to make sure u don't have the opportunity for the same misshaps.

Pending
    Thanks you for the lingo update and the sand insight ;-) all is good tho I think :-). Normal paint is ok then? That's a touch as I got that at work lol

I used Halfrauds High temperature engine enamal on my 3VZ block. Came out dark gloss black. I can get the exact product title if you need it.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast