Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: TB Thingymajig

Absolutely magnificent... it's a piece of art mate!!!!!!
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

absolutely brilliant owen! looks as though you have put lots of hours work into that and is a credit to you! will be well used by the looks of things!!!!

:D cracking finishing touches!. will the jig be at jae..i'd like to see it. we have the best forum jig about!. also good for handcuffing the missus too
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    holy crap owen! i said weld a few bars on it not completely redo! that is farkin class mate....much much much better than my crow shitted effort! that really is a super impressive work of art...i cant believe how much better it looks,mind you i knocked the original up in a day...how long did that take mate?

The jig is now officially owens property and rules regarding its use and transfer between members are totally down to him....that really is a credit to you mate,please bring to JAE so we can go oooh and ah.

:thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Owen all this skill and perfectionists attention to detail is becoming a little wearing now, can't you post up something you've cocked up.:hidesbehi

Only joking, fair play mate, top job, dare I say ASBO worthy.;)

Nolite id cogere, cape malleum majorem.

Cheers chaps, I'd hoped that you'd like it!

Thankfully Paul doesn't seem too narked that I cut up the damaged one. TFFT, didn't want to upset the chief hobnob!

Seriously though folks the jig is still Pauls work. Twas his design that I ripped off, and his original jig that that I used to position the engine to be able to make this version at all! I just cobbled it together. BTW the badge is Paul’s original strut so I can't take credit for that either :banghead: . My welding still sucks which is why it's taken me longer to build a jig than all the work on my car so far :blush: , maybe when the car's finished I'll have time to learn to weld :slap:

You'll notice that the top left corner of the case is empty. I was hoping to make "son of jig" to do the torque mount so less grovelling under the car is required, but that'll have to wait until after JAE I'm afraid, soz chaps.

The top bar that has the badge on it has space for two smaller ones. If someone with some proper skills would care to weld some more badges that'd be great. Was thinking MK1.5 and 3SGTE, or summut, in fact anything you like, tis TB's jig after all.

My only request for it's use is that anyone who uses it writes their name, user-name and reg. number on it, so hopefully in a few years it'll be plastered in happy recipients.

Oh Adam, nice idea, I like your thinking...

Just for Rowan, something I cocked up a tad. I needed to remove the struts but wanted a rolling chassis still, so made a pair of wooden inserts...

But it really was a crap idea...

That do you mate?

Cheers all,

Owen.
    Last edited by Marksman; 04-07-2006 at 17:17.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: wally!!!!!

pmsl at fred flinstone strut! lol classic.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

a guy once built a wooden car,wooden engine,wooden suspension,wooden brakes.......it wooden go :woods:

:D Classic.... i'm feeling much less inadequate now, cheers for that:D .;)

Nolite id cogere, cape malleum majorem.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast