Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TB Thingymajig

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    jig pic updated.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Bloody genius...
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.
    George Best

paul is that good for the turbo swap only or will the v6 users make use of it? going to self fit so not asking for myself! just for future reference!

good question al...,as you know one option for the v6ers is to use the camry auto shaft with st185 complete driveshafts,this places the gearbox 15mm further right in the engine bay so the answer is no it wont work with that set up.....but! if a v6 swapper was to use the turbo output shaft and the turbo driveshafts then yes they could use the jig.

I think the up/down,forward/aft location of the 3s-gte is very similar to 3vz-fe...so yes the jig should be fine for a v6 swap provided they use the turbo shafts.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

right ive sent the jig out but it cost £19 to send guaranteed next day delivery,recorded delivery with royal mail was £23! im amending the amount each user must pay to the previous to £20 instead of £10.

Ive noticed that the jig mounts the engine at the highest possible point,the throttle body rubber intake pipe just lightly rubs on the underside of the engine lid in this position but moves away from the lid when you accelerate.If you want it a little lower you can stick some washers between the engine mount and engine,but i think its ok....i like them as high as possible to keep the exhaust clearance happier.

Hello people and peoplettes

can I put dibs on the jig after Owen if no-one has beaten me to it... Owen - you should see a PM floating around somewhere - possibly in your inbox!! :)

Cheers
    Ash
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge Bob
    Owen - you should see a PM floating around somewhere - possibly in your inbox!! :)Cheers Ash
    Sound as good a place as any to put it! :blabla:

Well SuperchargedSam is by rights next in line, but he has been pretty busy so I don't know how soon he needs it. Please also note that the jig was bent in transit so I need to fix it before I can use it and then pass along. All things going to plan though that should be completed this weekend... so it's then up to Sam to say whether he wants it or if it's OK to pass along to you. Glad to hear that you are in need of it, that's one more 1.5 just a little nearer :eusa_danc

All the best, cheers,

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Well i'm not picking up my clip until this Saturday, so pass it over to SuperchargedSam first as it will take me a bit to get my bearings together.

I just posted now as I wasn't sure what the turn around was on the jigamajig. I won't be needing it for around two weeks I'd imagine, so keep it going tound other people before me as I don't want to hold anyone else up.

Indeed another 1.5 is on the way - slow and steady though... i've done buckets of reading/researching but I can't help thinking it's still going to be one tough job...

I guess once I've got number one out the way - I can get straight to work on my girlfriend's...

...and if you read this - only kidding - you're making your own sweetheart
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Howdy Paul (and any other interested parties).

Right have new steel for jig hetrosexualisation and am mulling ideas as how best to approach this. I don't want to spend an age to make a jig that doesn't fit!

The engine side currently sits up in the air about 5mm and has slid inwards towards the other mount...

I?m not really happy about forcing it into place as there's so much possible error involved. The only way I can think of to be sure it's right is to weld in the OK mount, then install the engine, align, and then fit the second mount. Remove engine and make jig fit between the mounts. Or somehow make a bar to the measurements between the mounts on the engine and then use that rather than the proper engine... Or look at as many photos as I can to guesstimate the position, weld in and hope, try to fit my engine and if it's OK pass on the jig and if not rework, but that sounds rather amateur so don?t really want to go there.

Appreciate I sound like a whining sod, especially as others have done the swap without a jig, but if others are to use it I want it to be spot on?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ta,

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

i used the guestimate option and i wouldnt recommend it..but i had no choice..you have a choice as you know one mount is perfecto..
    i would do exactly as you say, weld the good one in, retro fit the engine, mount the mount and weld it up, remove the engine, make jig, refit engine..
    its a ballache but its teh only surefire way of getting it right imho..

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast