Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TB Thingymajig

Paul's bogged off now I see. In dispair or for a rest? Hang on, didn't he use an E-Reg (in MK1b) to make the jig anyway?

O.S.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

am I the only one thinking that looks like it would make an excellent strut brace? :lol2:

Good work Pauly :cheers:

right you are...my apologies! :D

As Dan says 3 at the back and 4 at the front defo and same on A and B am sure now !

well guys, it looks like I may be putting my name down to borrow this. Assuming I get the tubby here and its time for the swap. Decided to do turbo conversion first then attempt the V8 into another chassis cos it may take a bit of time with the research and I don't want to screwup my current car trying something for the first time.

Oh and Paul you da man, again.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    just to clarify,this jig fits mk1a and b,they are identical in the engine bay chaps.

Malcolm the plates that bolt to the strut tops are actually from the rear strut braces i used to make! ive got about 20 left.

Not weird at all dan,if anything id encourage self mounting without the jig,its a very rewarding experience getting the engine in the place you want it,i know exactly where you're coming from.

This jig mounts the engine in the perfect left/right location,which is key...up down and forward aft not so important,this thing guarantees swappers it'll be right and it also means no dummy fitting of the engine is needed,you can fully dress both engine bay and engine knowing the two will come together perfectly without trial and error fitting.

Ive made another slight ammendment to the jig rules,i dont want this jig to cost anyone (apart from your TB donation),so if the jig is handed over in person rather than posted you still gotta pay the previous user £10 to cover the postage they had to pay.

Hopefully the jig will make a few more swaps happen,i know mounting the engine scares a few people off doing the swap.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

ooh get you with all your rules and regulations..:toke:
    bloody sweaty big cobbled old bollox mate..
    top job and a great asset to TB..many thanks mate..:praise:

hope this helps with one of the most head scratchy parts of a swap..kinda makes me want to redo my mounts using the jig..just because..

:poke: now crack on with the swaps boys..

Paul, sounds like an fair point.

nik, if you want really want to use the jig, feel free to come down here I'm sure we can find a few cars for you to try it out.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    yeah sorry about the bloody rules nik,just so much work went into this and so many people lose out if it gets lost...it should boost the BIG member count too hopefully.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast