Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: TB Thingymajig

That's 2 more wheel nuts for that one Paul...

O.S.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    sorry mate couldnt help myself,its a terrible affliction..... [pisstaking mode now well n truly off ] :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Bet you wish you'd gone with 5 studs now...

O.S.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

i think this v8 will have a fair crack at ripping the wheels off as it is! heres hoping :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Better than moaning lisa...

So here's the jig in it's first mission away from home...

The security was impententrable (nearly ;))

You can tell Owen has put a lot of effort and time into the build quality of this - it really does feel like something just bought from a manufacturer...

Here it is in the car, attached to the strut towers - well half of it...

I can see why the jig was recomended for getting the mounts in - getting it right without the jig must be a real pain in the ass - so kudos to everyone who has done it that way!!!

Overall I give the Jig and Owen an A+ :thumbsup: thanks for letting me use it mate!!
    Small fonts are for midget baptisms, not signatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiff Lemon
    Well, thats just settled who'll I'll be nominating for this months ASBO!

Absolute bloody amazing work - Now forget this girly four pot idea, do a V6 and build a jig for that! :D

I'll second that Jiffy, but only if I get a cheque too Owen, hehe.

Nah serioulsy though, that jig is wicked. Popped down to Spongey's today and used it to weld his mounts in for him. Absolutely cracking idea to make it dismantleable, makes it much easier I would say.

For future jig user's reference, once you have the mounts tacked in place, undo all the wingnuts, top and bottom and smack the underside of the top rail sharply with a rubber mallet. It should only take two or three good whacks for it to pop off the tower mounting points, this will keep the jig in good nick and prevent any damage to it with BFH's, might just make a black mark on the underside but thats it, and a bit of panel wipe dhould see that off quickly enough anyways.

Great stuff Owen :thumbsup:

Catcha later all.
    you cannot have creation, without first a little destruction

Looks amazing Owen, hope yours is ready for Jae Sponge Bob

Where dose the Jig get to visit next?

Hey Ash - Peeps I Have fitted the Jig to my car and just wondering how did you get the hole locations for the engine mount bolts, i'm guessing you hold the plates up to the jig and scribe through the hole of the jig onto the plate (does the jig allow for the 10mm or so drop when the rubber mounts take the weight of the 3sgte?) cheers dan

P.s. Owen very impressed with jig matey, quality fabrication!
    the car infront is a toyota MR2 mk1.5 :p

dan,tack one plate on to the chassis rail,just one tack....so it can be snapped off again....then dip the bolt in some paint,wipe off the excess and push it through the jig to hit the plate,then rotate the bolt to ensure a nice circle of paint....snap the plate off the chassis and drill where the paint circle is,repeat for the other plates and then they will bolt perfectly to the jig...thats how i do mine.

The jig already allows for the 10mm drop.

Thanks for the info paul, didn't think about the paint idea! nice one :thumbsup: dyfed steels are a pile of cack btw as theve still not got my engine mounts done im askin for half my money back ?38/2 !! would be quicker to grind them out now

Well iv'e mounted the jig and attched the turbo and manifolds etc back on the the 3sgte with its gaskets etc so ready to fit in once the welding's done - hopefully tomorrow!

Ew Exciting times!
    the car infront is a toyota MR2 mk1.5 :p

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast