Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TB Thingymajig

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

TB Thingymajig

After a very long day of fabricating and welding (i feel like ive done a shift down t pit) the TB engine jig is now ready!!

This boyo bolts onto the strut tops and also sits on the chassis legs to place the engine mount plates in exactly the right place (for a rear firewall cut car).

Ive made two jigs,one is heavy duty and will be sent out to welly first and probably do a tour of wales before going to the next swapper,the second is a lightweight version thats staying here for me!!!

This jig will only work perfectly with the all new engine mount templates im in the middle of making,1mm steel versions of the templates will be attached to the jig for members to cut out perfect patterns...the old templates will still work but will need trimming to fit the jig,the new templates even have the hole positions marked.

Right heres how its going to work,its my jig so im making the rules regarding it.....so there :D

1)Jig will only be made available to BIG members,small members need to get £10 out of their sky rocket and donate.

2)The current user of the jig must inform me of its destination BEFORE it gets sent,this is vital,we dont want tom dick or harry borrowing it and losing/damaging it.

3)There is no actual fee for hiring the jig,all you do is pay the current user the postage for guaranteed next day delivery which is £19.A donation to TB on top of your BIG membership is also appreciated,doesnt matter what amount,just any donation.Theres a donate button on the homepage.If the jig is collected in person you must still pay the previous user £19 to cover the postage they had to pay,that way everyone wins and it doesnt cost anyone for postage.

4)The jig must ALWAYS be sent recorded delivery,i spent 5 hours making this today,we dont want it dissapearing in the mail.

5)Anyone who has the jig automatically agrees to all of these rules and that if he/she loses it they must pay me the sum of £100 for its replacement,this includes not sending it recorded delivery and it going missing in the mail,if it does go missing even when recorded then no fine is due as we can claim off the PO.This rule is to ensure the current user guards it with their life.

Right! now ive got that load of bollox out of the way you can use this thread as a waiting list,copy/paste the list into your post rather than just saying me next :D

Also if anyone has a problem with rules 1-5 please say now,cheers lads!

1st user: Welly (as soon as the steel templates are done its being sent to you mate,pay me the postage whenever)
    Last edited by Paul Woods; 24-01-2006 at 17:32.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

welly pm me your address mate.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Work of art Mr. Woods, give thyself a pat on the back, a :cheers: and a cucumber slice for each eye. :gayfight: Glad you made two BTW, I was wondering how the three of us boyos were meant to use it in Wales, and then leave you without for your other two swaps you've got to do!

Rules seem spot on to me, though I might include a request for a small donation to TB per user if it were mine.

Seeing this thread is the perfect thread to act as an antidote to the chap who has just backed out of buying at least ?220 worth of my supercharger parts; cash I might add that was going straight into the tubby doner pot. Can I say BIG HAIRY SWEATY BOLLOCKS on this forum? Too late if not, sorry. (Rowdan if you're reading this then I might have a gearbox for you after all if you're still in need?)

Anyway back to the plot, fine work Paul and thankyou. I appreciate that you could have taken the "sod them, I had to do it from scratch so why should I help them" or the "I do this to make a living, so pay me lots of money and I'll think about it" view, but you didn't. So many :righton: s and thanks again.

Cheers all,

Owen.

----MY Manual SC------Lyn's Auto SC ---- NA/SC MK1.5 Donors-----
    "What have you angle ground today?" :twisted:

TB BIG Affiliate - SWAT Motorsport Forum Link Picture Album Shop Link

thanks owen! as you say,this is for you lot...im not gaining anything,and if it helps boost the Big member count all well n good.

though I might include a request for a small donation to TB per user if it were mine.
    excellent idea,ammending rule 3 now.

and no,you cant say big hairy sweaty bollocks on this forum,so please dont say big hairy sweaty bollocks...ok? :D

Paul its a top result and I will put my name down after welly for a borrow and seeing as we could probably meet up to get it (and if welly still needs mud flaps) then it should work out spot on ! Your defiantly a star in a V6 powered car (or will be but sounds better like that!)

just realised Paul, that looks like it'll only fit onto mk1a strut tops! what about peeps with a mk1b? (Give me time and i'll be on the market for a 1.5 convo...plenty of time!) Would just need another 2 holes in each plate right?

my 1b and 1a have only 3 bolts a top the strut tops am sure of that but cant check as my 1a is over 100 miles away !

Nice one Paul :)

I'm not going to use it though, I want to have the challenge of doing it myself - am I weird? :D
    Dan Johnson
    89 AW11 ... My swap diary
    ex 1994 ST205 WRC ... http://www.st205.net

nice one paul!
    my names dave......

IIRC there are 3 holes at the back, 4 at the front.
    Dan Johnson
    89 AW11 ... My swap diary
    ex 1994 ST205 WRC ... http://www.st205.net

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast