Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Pat & Chris MR2 V6 Engine Swaperoo Project Thing!

Lo Bro!

Yes. You and your crap driving!

1) Check the gearbox oil level - it wasnt great stuff we put in after the swap, it might be worth dropping it and putting somthing in better suited to an older high milage box.

B) Air in the clutch, or the fluid has degraded. Drop the lot, clean the resevoir (they go black) refill with new fluid, and rebleed.

4) Check that the bolts on the box that hold the slave to the bell housing are ok - remember the fun we had with them?

That should keep you busy for a bit.....

:)

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    If the heatshield is missing on the clutch slave cylinder then it will be that, you have all of the classic symptoms, if the clutch works fine on a cold engine then you can rule out everything mechanical.

See this a few times before, for some reason people are ditching the heatshield.

If your heatshield is there then it's probably a slave cylinder issue of some sort.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Yep, pretty sure the heat shield went in the bin but will check after. :-/

It does only do it when hot so was *hoping* it wasn't going to be mechanical. Will be getting it up on the ramps fri/sat so will get a better look then. :-)

As Chris says the clutch doesn't bolt up to the gearbox properly so don't know if that would cause any issues, will get pics to demonstrate.

Will check and replace oil but was trying to avoid playing with clutch fluid as it was a pain bleeding it. Needed to be in 3 places at as time. Lol.

Thought I would share my pretty dials. :-)

Shiniest part of the car and Chris named them as the devils dashboard.

Don't look too bad at night time, and we're created from a set of stainless steel dials that were primed and painted same colour as car. Red sticky transparent vinyl was used on backs so red light on there at night time, even indicators. Lol.

Also will be replacing all the internal green lights on window controls, ignition, cig lighter, heater controls, etc to 12v red LED then red carpets.

Talking about carpets, I've been pricing some new ones up and have haggled them down already based on buying 2 sets or more together. Various colours available (Sorry Bro, no lime green available anywhere that I can find) and have some samples in the study.

I will create a thread after for anyone that might be interested. :-)

Looking good pat quite like that red dash

Yep. Doesn't look too bad really.

Only thing is the bulbs in the back almost shine through too bright so it's like a little torch shining through. I need some bulbs with some form of a cap on there if that makes sense so it just pushes the light through the Perspex boards behind the dials rather than straight at me. :-)

what about led bulbs that may spead the light

patrick

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728