Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: turbo gearbox on a 3vzfe

any idea what the turbo boxed one had done to it, didnt seem that much quicker - considering the turbo boxes are supposed to make it slower as was stated earlier

There's a few factors in the 1/4 mile sprinting vid and i don't doubt power comes into it. Fat bastard passengers 2nd :D

In a Mk2 i'd happily go with the turbo box for everything but sprint/short track work. You have to change gear an extra time on the 1/4 with the NA box so that hurts things there, but if you're driving lots of tight twisties all the time it makes good use of the closer ratios.

It is a fair bit heavier the turbo box, try lifting each for a comparison when you do the swap.

If you drive on open roads, sweeping bends and like to do more than 70 a lot then the turbo box is a good choice.

I can testify that the mk1 is the lightest then the mk3 then the mk2 na then the heavy barsteward turbo especially the rev3 it's hernia time.

Depends on the Mk3 box if it's got LSD or not, i can see why they go bang on the turbo 1zz's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123