Thread: Fidanza - what have I got?!

Fidanza - what have I got?!

Hi guys, I've just bought a used Fidanza to fit my 3vz which is going on my na box.
    The holes have been elongated to fit which means it's either a 3SGE Or 3SGTE modified to fit the 3VZ crank boss right?

my old n/a pressure plate fits up to the fidanza so does this confirm it's a 3SGE fidanza that has been modified to fit? Only markings on it are engraved and read either TOY5422 or 5622 depending on the writing!

Basically before I bo0lt it up I need to know if I should have the spacer between fly and crank or not!

Thanks in advance!

you shouldnt need any spacer with that flywheel. 3sge or 3sgte

a 3sgte wheel has a clutch face of 147 ID x 240 OD, maybe that will help you identify, but if memory serves the 3sge is about the same also, it certainly has the same near on bolt pattern as they are both modified from 69 & 70 pcd to 77 to fit the 3vz.

edit: luckily just found the 3sge dimensions the clutch face is 142 x 225

that should help you identify, either way you wont need a spacer, but you'll want to use one of the flex plates (the thinner one without the dimple in it) to place over the modified bolt hole pattern, and then stick your fly bolts in over it so it clamps the flex plate in, just spreads the load thats all.
    Last edited by adamh; 27-08-2010 at 22:54.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Yep, if it fits an S54 pressure plate then it's a 3SGE or the same size fidanza.

Tubby pressure plate is bigger.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Be aware that the stock 3sge clutch will not hold up on your 3vz, it will burn out quickly, if you are using a 3sge pattern flywheel you will need to use an upgraded 6 paddle clutch or similar.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Very helpful, thanks guys. I was supplied a used ACT paddle clutch but didnt fancy installing the friction plate as it looked fairly well worn - although I'm not sure how much friction material should be on them. I've intalled the heavy duty ACT pressure plate with a supposedly 'uprated' n/a friction plate now although it's only a techniclutch affair. Opinions welcome - think I ought to pull it out and order a new 6 puck friction plate or chance it with the hybrid I've made up. Thanks!

Just checked the ad - supposedly good for 300bhp. I've never had a techiniclutch supplied clutch in anything before so I'm a little dubious, maybe I just worry too much !