Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh go on then.. I'll have a crack at a V8!!

Quote Originally Posted by dgh938peg View Post
    Update time.
    Anyway; for the build so far my shopping list grows and grows!
    I have bought;

- Link G4 Extreme ECU (with connectors)
    - Audi 6sp gearbox
    - Audi driveshafts
    - Audi dual mass flywheel
    - 3uz 4.3 V8 with complete loom
    - Porsche 997 4pot front calipers
    - Porsche 997 4pot rear calipers
    - Mechanical spot calipers (handbrake)
    - Eaton M112 4th gen supercharger (brand new)
    - IS200 DBW throttle pedal
    - Jag XKR Chargecoolers (to be modded to fit)
    - Supra mk4 330mm x 30mm thick discs (with alloy bells)
    - RX-8 330mm x 24mm thick discs
    - Recalibrated Speedhuts with 7krpm rev limit
    - Fiat Seicento rad (for chargecooler)
    - Bosch Chargecooler pump
    - HSD coilovers
    - 5" wide outers for my 18" work VS-XX alloys
    Wow now theres a shopping list! Cant wait to see this come together!

If i remember correctly Johhnys build used the same engine, got over 400bhp out of it before it crashed. Smart move to not do everything at once, better to drive it once in a while so you can actually enjoy it. After 2 years of (on and off) working on my build i bought a second mk2 v6 just to get the feeling back:)

Quote Originally Posted by hmmmmm View Post
    Wow now theres a shopping list! Cant wait to see this come together!

If i remember correctly Johhnys build used the same engine, got over 400bhp out of it before it crashed. Smart move to not do everything at once, better to drive it once in a while so you can actually enjoy it. After 2 years of (on and off) working on my build i bought a second mk2 v6 just to get the feeling back:)
    Not quite hmmmm. Johnny's engine (now with a TB member in Cyprus i do believe ;) ) was lacking something mine has..... 2 Cylinders :rofl:

Johnny's was a Sea2sky built 5vz engine (3.4litre V6 from USA) this is a 3uz-fe .... 4.3litre V8 from a Lexus LS430 :) . In natural tune these are 290hp. a good exhaust will see it over 310hp. Adding the Link ECU should see a few more ponies also.......

..... that's before i whap the M112 on there! :rofl:

hp is for bragging down the pub .... torque is where it's at and this engine has it in bucket loads.... 441 N/m (325 ft/lb) of torque at 3400 rpm that should do it :)

Sounds very much like the 2 gr must get my one rolling roaded next year.

Knowing Dan this is going to be yet another epic thread,so i will definitely subscribe to this one.

Back to the first post dan, did you say your selling the 3SGTE? if so how much you looking for? PM me if you still got it lol

Cheers Andy :)

@ Ryan, yes mate, still have it. Will pm you :)

Bought a Bosch Chargecooler pump and also a Fiat Seicento rad for the CC system too. Got all the silicone elbows & reducers i need as well.

On the cutting up side; i should be starting this 2nd week in Jan once the other car occupying my garage has gone.

that rail at the bottom for the fire wall is an absolute prick to mangle

if you can cut it down closer to the base of the strut cavity(where its almost parallel, about 8 inches back from the bulkhead) you will find it much easier as its only like 3 or 4 skins involved and you will be able to spigot rails into it easier;)...when I cut the front shell of the limo I spent an hour or so either side sectioning it out to get the saw/chisel/grinder in to get it removed so I could make it flat
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

I shall probably leave those two main chassis rails in place and work off them as a datum sketchy. The idea being to drill the spot welds out on all attaching panels and carefully cut the panel work off. I prefer this to making a complete spaceframe rear end as i'll know where my starting points are plus they're tied into the rest of the car thus making them a very strong attachment point.

I know they're only 1.6mm think sheet steel but from cutting mr2big's chassis up for his Auto v6 i could see they're very well put together with ribs all over the place which makes them inherently strong :)

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast