Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh go on then.. I'll have a crack at a V8!!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    This is shaping up to be the mother of all Mr2 projects, now stop pissing around and get the bloody grinder out!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

LOL! Got to get Mick's "Gary Glitter" out the way first Paul. It's sooooooooo bloody cold in my garage at the mo. Have bought a space heater and just need to grab a small propane bottle and then bob is your mother's brother!

I've also got the SC to fit on the V6 but not so worried about that for the time being. ;)

Looks like you'll be having a lot of fun for the next 5 years. I don't subscribe to many threads but I have to this one as your cad skill gives you half a chance of getting such a epic project though a IVA test (which, no doubt, will get even more ridiculously nit picky in the future).
    NEW Instant MR2 Expert, just add Lager.

Thanks Nod :)

Quote Originally Posted by dgh938peg View Post
    LOL! Got to get Mick's "Gary Glitter" out the way first Paul.
    Do you mean your putting the V6 into the TuRD.:rofl::rofl:

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Quote Originally Posted by Torero View Post
    Do you mean your putting the V6 into the TuRD.:rofl::rofl:
    Yes but not the purple TuRD John :) .... some black tubby TuRD pup he picked up cheap a while back. All in all it could be made into a decent car but there's just bits of it i don't like ..... like no door handle for instance - pain in the ass! As Mick said to me, the kit is all blended in so must be a not so good fitting one.

Yep mate, I saw pics of it coming off the lorry on the OC. Not as nice as the purple one IMO, he'd have been better of giving that the V6 goodness.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Instrument cluster finished....

..... though i'll probably need to do something signal-wise for the tacho and also the Audi 'box speed sensor... :(

Tach should work OK as the Link can scale the tacho output to suit. You will need to bypass a ballast resistor in the tacho head for this to work though. I'm making a box to convert the abs pulse to a speedo pulse for a chap with an MR2, I have the bits to make two, I'll let you know how it goes.
    NEW Instant MR2 Expert, just add Lager.

Oh sounds very interesting there, as the 6 speed gearbox for the 2gr doesn't have a speed sender, us mk1 lads maybe a bit put out if we can't sort some thing to replace it.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast