Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh go on then.. I'll have a crack at a V8!!

In hand Nik. It will be 11's and 9's for sure :) The body look i'm aiming for is a tamer version of this...

Side scoops will stay. Overall proportions to be similar. Wide front arches, mr2 pop-up lights (with millentubby quad style conversion), mr2/border hybrid front bumper, custom rear but wont look dissimilar to this aside a Bomex drift wing...

Oh ... and definitely side exit exhausts!
    Last edited by dgh938peg; 25-08-2010 at 12:08.

WOW! The builds on this site always amaze me and I think. "flip, you can't get much better than that" Then along comes another even crazier and cooler!!

Like a V8 NSX. Mucho likey. :)

Jeez thats a project and then some ! V8 mr's will out number v6's at this rate :icon_lol: If ya gonna go ... go big ! :thumbsup:

Amazing.... watching this with great interest! Love those MC8's! Good luck!!!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Watching eagerly Dan! A cracking project, always loved the MC8, this should be a special build.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Nice one Dan good luck with the build.

One request, don't let it sit on an engine stand for too long!!

good luck that man:)..as they say in the hot rod world "there's no replacement, for displacement"

I was thinking something just like this, as a project to follow the limo.....although I was gonna look at a 6/71(no point being shy if its sticking out the top), or turbo's in the former wheel arches;).

are you going to tube chassis the rear end? or "cut and shut" the rear, and just extend the rails back with some heavy wall tube(also an extra bar from the tub to the strut tops to stop the colapse)? or even borrow from F1 and make the engine a "stressed member"?

all 3 of those are options, which way were you thinking of heading?...or do you have something else in mind?.

Ill be watching:D
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    are you going to tube chassis the rear end? or "cut and shut" the rear, and just extend the rails back with some heavy wall tube(also an extra bar from the tub to the strut tops to stop the colapse)? or even borrow from F1 and make the engine a "stressed member"?

all 3 of those are options, which way were you thinking of heading?...or do you have something else in mind?.

Ill be watching:D
    Something i have been giving some .... well actually a lot of consideration!

The MR2 rear subframe will be scalloped out to allow the Audi gearbox past. That we all know. Off the back edge i will run a frame to support the back end of the gearbox, this will be made from a light gauge tube - probably 30mm OD x 1.6mm wall or something like that. off the front of the subframe i will run another set of pipes, slighty heavier (40mm od x 2mm wall) to support the engine. These will tie into the front-lower cross member (behind the fuel tank) and also the sides where the engine is hung from at present.

This will give me a complete running gear drop out "cassette" so will mean a few bolts and pipes and out she comes in one lump!

As for the body chassis mods.....

chop the car off behind the rear cockpit firewall and leave the C-pillar in place along with the two main chassis rails. Extend these rails using a custom formed section from 3mm sheet (can do this stuff at work). Add in a couple more light gauge box section braces (50mm x 50mm x 1.5mm wall) then some light gauge tube diagonal (probably 40mm OD x 1.5mm wall), relocate the strut towers and there you go .... bob is your mothers brother! :D

Quite easy really :rofl:

SubScribed
    NEW Instant MR2 Expert, just add Lager.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast