Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Oh go on then.. I'll have a crack at a V8!!

Come on its got to go up the strip at least once, then hill climb it or race it hell even drift it, a car like that has to see action on a circuit.

Those wheels do look lush though.

F'anni met a new playmate this morning…

and an hour later …. the new headlight bulb was installed! :D
    (pig of a job btw)

Few bits of remedial welding then added this bit in

Bootlid on….
    (Don't think it looks all that much longer)

Then got the engine out - so i can finish off the structural stuff along with proceeding on with panels and the back end - and removed the intake plenum with the hope it can be reversed.

I can make it work the stock way round but only have 3" of clearance. It's doable but I'd prefer to reverse it as there's more room at the back end.

Underside of the plenum carries the ACIS canister (or whatever they call it now) and the VSV - nothing to concern myself about relocating

Et voila!

The problems as a result are minor.
    - Actuator for ACIS needs modifying
    - fuel line linking the rails needs altering
    - ACIS canister needs mounting.

All in all - extremely minor stuff. Considering I need to change out the throttle body. I'm ditching the drive by wire and in doing this I am told that I'll lose the TPS with it. My thinking was to adapt the current unit to take a throttle cable but will also need the TPS. So looks like I'll be welding a flange on for a different TB. :D

Quote Originally Posted by dgh938peg View Post

Woof woof!

Loving your work.

Genius on the plenum.

c.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    That plenum reversal really is sweet, same deal on the Audi engines but more stuff to modify on those, that will look awesome with the filter going backwards.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Nice work, i do love the reverse plenum look. Will save a lot of room too which is lucky!

Thanks fellas ... Tell you what though....

What a shittily shaped port! ITB's are definitely on the cards but will be walking before flying on this one; get it running as is THEN upgrades.
    Last edited by dgh938peg; 18-11-2013 at 11:16.

Really looking forward to when the wheelarches go in at the new position. Going to be much easier to visualise then.

Are the rear arches etc going to be in steel like the plan for the front? Or are you moulding up in FRP?

Right .. the wheel arches.

The dark lord has stepped in here; has sorted me out a set of FG flares for the job. So for the basic shape I will start with those then work back into the steel. It was the only possible way to craft what I actually need and want with what I have available. However, it will not look like a standard set of flared arches by the time it's finished - on that you can rest assured :)

How you getting on mate not seen an update for a while