Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh go on then.. I'll have a crack at a V8!!

erm..... I think it is probably not much different from a fully laden 3sgte to be honest. I have a 250kg electric crane in my man-cave which can just about lift a 3sgte and box (or 3vz with box).. However, when i lifted this out of the trailer it didn't even break a sweat, no sign of strain.

wiki page >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_UZ_engine (no weights on it unfortunately)

So I reckon I am probably 15-20kg's heavier than stock though balance should be better...

Remember though, this is purely a (very expensive) engineering exercise. If it drives well it'll just be an added bonus.

A momentous day to be honest..!

Started with joining the two tubes beneath the engine mounts with a length of 1.5" tube.

Then fiddle the engine in place.... Boner idea leaving the subframe on :facepalm:

So swing that puppy in place :th:

Then subframe back on and the engine and box is now ATTACHED TO THE CAR :shocked:

You can see my engine prop at the front end; this permitted me to allow for 5mm sag in the mounts.

Yum yum yum :D

So then start on the engine mounts

Complete the engine subframe.

And here it is .... :yahoo: All hanging under it's own weight (the 5th prop at the back is purely because it's on the balance limit..

Chuffed methinks! :D
    Last edited by dgh938peg; 28-09-2013 at 18:48.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Just awesome

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Absolutely speechless!!

This is one of the biggest hurdles dealt with. Ok getting it running is still goin to be hard work sure!! But you got it in and hanging

Dude beers all round for you I think

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Just awesome
    I'm feeling a little queasy...

Great work though. Looks like the engine itself doesn't project much further back than stock? Although same can't be said for the 'box...

Really impressed with how OEM all the sections etc look.

nice. the chasis legs will be shut , or what are the series of holes for/spots?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

You've really broken the back of it now.

Chassis legs will be closed in Adam - yes the holes are for plug welding. I do not have access to a spot welder so have to make do with my "limited resources" (that's tongue in cheek ;) )

Wish it was the back broken but honestly the work required left to do is immense! It will be a challenge in itself to get it on track at Japfest in time.

You don't hang around!! Miss a week and see what's happened. Truly epic work sir.