Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Nik's Mk1.5 aka ZOMBIE (aka KYTII)

Nik's Mk1.5 aka ZOMBIE (aka KYTII)

Now is a good a time as any.

For me this is a very big moment, ive never had a swap thread before as KYT was pre TB :icon_cry:

KYT is dead, long live ZOMBIE !

Yes KYT is officially just a distant memory.
    Well Si being the star he is has decided that i really should be back in a mk1.5 again and is getting ZOMBIE (KYTII) to a ready to wire state for me.
    Si basically took ownership of my entire garage, KYT and KYTII after i decided i had had enough, what was i thinking?!

She has KYTs rev3 3S-GTE providing pushing power, with a ST205 Chargecooler keeping her honest with the added bonus of a ST205 ECU which hopefully means in the future possibilities of daughter boards and better maps.

All suspension components were blasted and powder coated last year by me before i went all pete tong.
    New poly bushes all round.
    Keri's superb alloy brakes up front.
    Beautiful Borbet A's deep dish alloys 9 on the back and 7.5 on the front using Adams excellent alluminum spacers to line them up.

With regards to body work i plan to de-swage her all round, ZW frunk vent, boot lid and ZW/WS TD engine lid.
    ZW/WS bolt on wide arches.
    Mk1a nose with something in way of a new splitter but not sure what to go for yet, same goes for the rear.
    I have toffers newly re-covered leather seats and door cards to go in.

I'm also planning on a full paint job to melt even the coldest hearts, i'm currently thinking a candy cobalt blue to show off her lines (though this will probably change over the next 6 months).

I am planning for this to be a winter project so expect her to be complete by JAE 2011!.

How fucking excited am i..??!!!??!!
    Last edited by nik; 28-12-2010 at 18:20.

[update 28-12-10]

no updates due to it being to damn cold out there, but did take the camera out. not very exciting but does give me some idea of where i'm at with bodywork/rust etc. door pillars are good, triangles are good, sills are good, arches i have cut off anyway so theyre good ;-)
    the subframe and suspension arms were blasted and powdercoated and also polybushed.
    generally she's pretty good, not as good as i had hoped but standing outdoors for a year hasn't had as much of an impact as i had feared. the only problem area is passenger side above windscreen and a small bit of re-welding drivers side front sill. a remedial fix has been done but this needs grinding down and re-doing..
    the only major headache i have is paint removal..i would like to strip her back to the blue paint, anyone got any advice, i was thinking of just using thinners to get the black paint off, its flaking off anyway so am hopeful its going to be pretty easy. as for the rear wings i think i will probably nitromors these back to the bare metal.

im off to bsm's tomo to pick up some missing bits (doors + misc) so hopefully will have a start-up next week.
    Last edited by nik; 28-12-2010 at 18:18.

Nice - especially interested in some of the tasty Zombie addenda (frunk lid, arches etc.) for Project Mindf*ck :icon_lol:

Looking forward to the updates.

Ah.... I can finally speak of the work!

Current engine lid was my idea! :thumbsup: Its the way I always thought it should be and badgered BSM into doing it!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

of course you need thanking as well jeff..i know you've put a lot into this project too, cheers fella!!

Nice one nik, glad to hear you've been re-united!

ooh not for a while goldy..bsm's got a holiday to have and a job that leaves little play time..
    plus i need to sell a westfield to clear some room!

great news, good to see back into yota ownership! projects are good for the heart and soul..
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

thanks adam, its all about heart and soul for me now chap..

Nice one Nik :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing these 240Z arches!

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast