Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wayne's 1.5 swap

Wayne's 1.5 swap

Today I got started on doing my conversion , hope to have the ramp on tuesday to drop the engine out and start doing the mounts

spec is going to be

rev2 turbo engine
    lsd box
    Hybrid TurboForce Stage 2 CT26 turbo
    RPS Max full face clutch on Fidanza aluminum flywheel
    rev3 ecu conversion
    st205 chargecooler
    turbo mongoose exhaust

Front brakes
    bremsport 315mm disc's and 4pots

Rear brakes
    ap 2pots off lotus elise/exige able to run a 25mm thick disc
    with 305mm or 288mm or 280mm

Wheels
    16x7 wheel with ao48 tyres

Dont think ive ever seen the lotus calipers on a mk1 before, 305 mm on the back will look sick! Any id what the engine is turning out? Good luck with the swap!

do the rear brakes have a hydraulic lock for the handbrake or seperate handbrake caliper?

looks good otherwise how much bhp you aiming for ?

Quote Originally Posted by hmmmmm View Post
    Dont think ive ever seen the lotus calipers on a mk1 before, 305 mm on the back will look sick! Any id what the engine is turning out? Good luck with the swap!
    hi, yes we run up to 305mm disc on a lotus 2pot caliper.

As for engine im just going to run 18psi and see what makes

thanks

wayne..

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    do the rear brakes have a hydraulic lock for the handbrake or seperate handbrake caliper?

looks good otherwise how much bhp you aiming for ?
    At the moment not going to run a handbrake , its going to be more a trackday car.

Ah thought so as it would be an mot issue and illegal to drive on the road without a handbrake.

Got the engine out last night and cut the mounts off , done a bit of cleaning up on the legs and swapped the driveshaft joints over tonight

just waiting for my metal to turn up now

wayne

well the metal turned up on friday so got the mounts cut out and started mount the engine and gearbox today,got the tacked in place

how does the height look?

Wont the bonnet hit the gas cable assembly? Nice progess btw!

position looks good front back for turbo clearence you should have about 50-60mm clear on the front bulkhead for the turbo clearence. the height looks o.k a bit close to the lid but i think they all are within 10-20mm of it.
    with the enigne weighing on the mount rubbers it maybe drop a further 5-10mm also.

look under from the rear you should be abled to see the supported shaft parrallel with the rear crossmember and you should be abled to just see the top of the supported shaft i.e; the shaft should not betotally obscured behind the crossmember maybe 98% visible. when you drop the car the shafts will level off. sump clearence at its lowest of 135- 150 rings a bell also.

and there will be a little rotation on the engine about 10-15 degrees
    Last edited by adamh; 08-08-2010 at 21:10.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast