Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rebore question

Stock rods are good for big horsepower, no need to worry about changing them. Just a good set of forgies :)
    Dan Johnson
    89 AW11 ... My swap diary
    ex 1994 ST205 WRC ... http://www.st205.net

on that matter sam, its going to be the luck of the draw, they are expensive premium items, if anyone could get them cheap, i think we'd all have a set :D

bearings i should still be abled to get, dont worry, nearer the time, you need to strip & measure everything first check stamp sizes , mic journals and stuff. mic your bores.

what about your head?.. are you going in deep?
    Last edited by adamh; 14-01-2006 at 23:30.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

he obviously needs his head examined if he's a TB member :D
    Dan Johnson
    89 AW11 ... My swap diary
    ex 1994 ST205 WRC ... http://www.st205.net

i have a flowed and ported rev 3 head and standard rev 3 head so I will strip both and then use the ported one for comparison to see what they have done to it ! have fully adjustable fidanza cam pullys so top end is more or less sorted ! this engine plan isnt for the 1.5 I am currently working on but is a long term project but means I wont bother with a full tear down on the rev 2 unit going in the car at the moment but will just clean the engine up and change all the consumables on it !

Quote Originally Posted by djdna2000
    he obviously needs his head examined if he's a TB member :D
    sams sane :freak: , its the rest of us.

dont think there is a sane one on here....oh yeah theres always.....nope even he lost his marbles....erm nope no one sane left !

have ye taken off the rockers? got any cams?

you could always overbore and sleeve down to stock size if you're worried about the block cracking. You can also have the block ultrasonically tested for thickness, apparently.
    :)

i had my 4age overbored and svleed down once so I guess thats a possibilty, my main reason for asking was really du to the fact there are so many debates about this its always good to get more views on it to either clarify the situation or muddy the waters further ! This has all given me food for thought so will try and decide whether to go forged rebuild on the rev 3 block or go 5SGTE to be different !

I think I would go 5S. There is some extra work to be done, but searching on mr2oc.com will show you what's needed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast