Thread: Cant find fitting for oil drain

Cant find fitting for oil drain

Ive got a Garret GT25 turbo for wich ive ordered an oil drain flange. This has a female 44 mm screw connector. I want to connect either a -6AN or -8AN to it, but i cant find a proper connector.. Ive tried some ebay shops and summit racing in the us, but the different measurement standards dont make ik any easier..

This is the flange:

Can anyone help me out here, ive been searching through the summit catalog for hours and my head is starting to hurt

is this for your skyline turbos ? if so it's 44mm across the bolt holes which is t2 size i think but is correct for the skyline ones also. The thread size would be smaller . I had to use this
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Turbo-Oil-Drai...item1c0e9fd299

And then a AN 8 to AN 10 adapter from here
    http://www.speedflowshop.co.uk/

I think that flange looks like 1/2 npt size , can you measure the hole to confirm it's size ? i got my NPT to JIC(as close to AN as i could find ) from
    http://www.speedflowshop.co.uk/-8-ji...8-08-804-p.asp I may have my old NPT to JIC adapters at work as i went with the above flange that has a AN fitting on it .

Not sure if my emails are getting through at moment as when i went to BT homehub nothing works very well anymore
    Last edited by GaryA; 10-07-2010 at 17:48. Reason: come to think of it

I will probably get very high postage charges for that one part, but having a -AN output makes it so much easier that its worth it! Tnx for the intell!

(( PS i was already spamming you with email (also on some other ideas like inline oil filters etc ), wy use TB to email? Google always works :) ))

Used Speedflow myself a few times and they're always pretty good for adaptors etc and cant fault the service I've had from them.
    The fittings are quite light, I'd be surprised if you ended up paying much in postage ;)
    It's a 2.0 inline four that thinks it's a viper v10. What's not to love?

I need quite a lot of stuff, including about 40ft of stainless steel hose etc. Ive checked a lot of shops and Summit Racing in the us is the cheapest, so i want to order the majority of the parts there. In total im ringing up about $600 in fittings and hoses...
    Service there is pretty good, asked some questions over the mail and got replies within 12 hours!

40ft :-) the stuff is a bitch to cut i ended up with fingers like a diabetic cutting mine

on the subject of filters , i was going to put a filter gauze out of oem turbo bolt from an alfa in the block adapter but it wouldnt fit so am going with an inline jobby

Found some inline oil filters on ebay for around $20, so its probably the cheapest option. Not to shure on the pressure though, with y fitting, filters and an oil cooler + relocation kit in the supply line..
    Are you using a scavenge pump btw or are you relying on gravity to get the oil back to the sump?

im using a scavenge pump but my turbos are quite low and the drain goes into the front of the sump.