Thread: Opinions on this ECU?

Opinions on this ECU?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gotech-Pro-X-e...item4aa118d0d8

For those who know a thing or 5 about engine management system (I knowa nuttinnngg...) what's your opinion on this ECU going cheap on fleabay??

It would be to run a 3VZ-FE, with perhaps the addition of coilpacks and FI at a later date (but priority on running the 3VZ-FE in standardish configuration).

Ball park costs for installation and mapping of such a device?

Ross

hmmm, be good to have some opinions on this, my mate has one of these he had for his focus which he isnt using, and id love to get rid of the toyota ecu...

Opinions on this ECU?

Ask nod he should have a good idea if it's tuneable or not, fords tuners used to be emerald ecus where the buisness but makes you think why there selling it cheap maybe because it's based on old tech?

I've only had the misfortune to see one of these once on a Subaru. I ripped it out and fitted a Link G4 Storm and had to repair all sort of daft wiring issues the installer had inflicted on the car (like the RPM and Speed wires being soldered direct to the dash circuit board).

Hateful POS and the mapping software is dire (on the odd occasion that it actually connected to the bloody thing).

Must have been designed by those damn Prawns, need hybrid DNA to make it work.

Lyndon.
    NEW Instant MR2 Expert, just add Lager.

Opinions on this ECU?

So nods honest opinion is it's Shite with a capital S, only go near if wearing full hazmat gear and a flame thrower.

That's only MHO, I'm sure there are people out there who love them. The only other ECU that I hold in equal contempt is the MicroTech (again very popular in OZ and NZ). Must be something about ecu's with Tech in title (not to be confused with Tec ;) ).

I'm currently looking at Syvecs / Solaris as that looks a rather interesting box of clever.

Lyndon.
    Last edited by Nod; 17-05-2010 at 12:48.

Cheers for the eeds up Lyndon! You're cutting it fine though, auction ends today, and I was contemplating making a bid!! :L

Your Welcome, I may have saved you from a world of hurt there.

If your looking for a half decent cheap ecu, either wait for the Link Atom or try and find a old Link G3 LEM (there are a few about on IMOC at the mo).

Lyndon.

Opinions on this ECU?

I was having a gander at the solaris for running the 2gr have the sorted the vvti issues yet Lyndon?