Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake upgrade - use std hoses?

Brake upgrade - use std hoses?

I have a pair of single pot celica calipers and a mk2 turbo MC to fit but I don't know if the standard brake lines fit. Do they and if so is it worth getting a set of steel ones?

I've read on the USA site that the brake bias system can be removed. Has anyone tried this with the above setup?

Ian

Hopefully soon to have a tuned 4AGE and not just a collection of parts.

you can use the oem hoses with the celica calipers .....but i would suggest that unless they are almost new that you replace with the braided ones as they give a better feel to the pedal and are more efficient, and they are what? ?50-60 - why skimp when they could save your life? :shrug:

if people want upgraded braided hoses let me know and I will make some enquiries as rekon I can get them cheaper than that but will have to find out. Have them on my NA and all my bikes have them and in fact the ZX7r had only been in my posesion 4 hours before I had these swapped over on it as it makes a huge difference on a bike when trying to stop from 150+ speeds and the differnce is instantanious !

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    im definately interested in a set sam,can we have any ends on we want or does it have to be banjos only at the caliper end......just ive got these porsche calipers that take a male end....defo up for a set though.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

paul if you can send me the hoses you want made up in braided with a description of the ends then its a possibilty I can get it sorted ! I used an original set of MK1a hoses as patterns for a set for a company that does them so will try and speak to them in the next week or 2 and get prices, I have a set on my 1a and a set ready for my SC which are black diamond and can easily get the quality of black diamond and goodrich matched and am looking to get the clutch hoses made up as well.

Can everyone who is interested in a set of brake lines please either PM me build a list on here and then when I know some rough numbers I can work costs out but to keep Nik happy and to keep it fair the prices I get (which I am guessing will be better than the £50-£60 I have seen banded about. the original set I had made up was for front and rear calipers and basically replaced the rubber flexi hose completely so this is what I will get a pirce on. If people are after anything fancy I can also enquire about titanium and anodized alloy ends as well.

I would be interested in a set for my st205 front calipers and Mk2 MR2 rears. Not certain but believe it would be standard mk1 hoses for rear and st205s for the front? (anyone?)

Gary I have that set up and so does podge so I will perhaps look to get some lines made up to be exactly the ones we need ! Will measure up odges lines on monday night and see what needs doing for them then fella ! rears should be standard I think but will check with paul !

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedsam
    Gary I have that set up and so does podge so I will perhaps look to get some lines made up to be exactly the ones we need ! Will measure up odges lines on monday night and see what needs doing for them then fella ! rears should be standard I think but will check with paul !
    Fantastic, would be much appreciated.

Im in for a set if you can send tehm to the United States. I would also need SW20 rears and ST205 fronts

crikey am gonna be busy by the looks of it, ok no worries can everyone wanting a set say how urgent they need these (its about a 20 mins job to swap them over but then fe w more to blled the system) so I can prioritise what to do first on it amongst work. Cheers and yes am sure we can sort sending to the states if it works out cheap enough for ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast