Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On the move

i would just use the rev3 pump mate..
    whilst youre under there, check the heater matrix lines. mine are rusty as hell.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    totally agree with nik,rev3 pump is fine.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by nikf
    i would just use the rev3 pump mate..
    whilst youre under there, check the heater matrix lines. mine are rusty as hell.
    You mean like this? :shock:

what i did on my 1.5 was to gut the old heater pipes from the car entirely and i routed rubber heater hose from front to rear,its ?5 a meter but makes a lifetime repair out of it.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

As the weather was so beautiful today I thought I would spend it in a hot and dirty garage doing some grinding. :(

The results were worthwhile though :D , now reached the point of no return.

another one bites the dust.. would ya look at that empty bay.. mk1ophiles would have a stroke
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

ah a blank canvas upon which a 1.5 artist will create a veritable internal combustion masterpiece....(mops brow with the hankerchief of overstatement)...or in other words,that looks the dogs mate,no going back now! get the spray cans out before you do anything!

whats good for the bay? besides 2 pack?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

well 2 pack is best but i also like smoothrite too...if you have a white/black or red car its ideal,not a bad match and sorts out the rusty bits.

Its a bit of a pain cosmetically tidying the bay when you want to get on with the swap but a little time spent on it now is really worth it later on when the engines in.

that is so true paul.
    i rushed the engine in on mine and really wanted to respray the bay once the engine was in and running..take it slow and steady and you wont have regrets later on...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12