Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Just been told i need CAT test on 1993 Engine

August 1992 I believe was when it first came in but '93 K reg is the cut off although it's different again for imports

That's good to know, my 3vzfe came from a 1992 k but I don't know how I can prove it lol, thanks anyway though.

Yes it is on there but it is the problem of convincing the tester though.

Im not sure Toyota can trace vehicle identities from the engine number. About the closet you'lll get to a legitimate method is an engineers report stating approximate first use date and the relevant reg details

Les you do not need cat
    You have a engine swap
    If the tester says it does ask him were in the emission book is a v6 mr2 :-)
    In the manual it's 7.3 page 1

The problem with that is that most testers will still test it off the age of the chassis unless you can prove the engine age as they refuse to be told their wrong

I'm confused again lol!

I dont mind swapping the CAT on MOT day.. but if you get pulled when you're driving around isnt it 3 points?

Quote Originally Posted by thomp1983 View Post
    The problem with that is that most testers will still test it off the age of the chassis unless you can prove the engine age as they refuse to be told their wrong
    Well if they don't listen ask for appeal forum watch him look in the tester manual and back track:-)
    If they follow how the should do mot there should be no trouble. I allways when I update v5 give the engine number as something like 3vzfe1991 so the log book shows it . Then just get a plate made up to put on engine

Just been told i need CAT test on 1993 Engine

Or bring it to my local mot station, they don't seem to mind.

IMHO its all about finding a local friendly test station. Ask around, there's always one about.

I've never heard of anyone getting tugged for not having a cat.

C.
    Last edited by cdwood2010; 29-11-2013 at 08:53.

Good news. Thanks everyone. - This isnt something I really need to worry about for a while anyway lol.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast