Thread: Finally started

Finally started

At last ive finally started got the shell off Hudster last year towed it home no doors no boot (front or rear ) no interior one or two small holes in it
    then sauced a engine thanks to kenny who had just got a v6 put in his mk2 next bit was the difficult bit getting the future brother in law to make engine plates 6 months on hes done them.In the mean time i've been gathering bits I wanted for the car these include woodsport bumpers, euro sport sill skirts, woodsport arches and chopped a load of repair panels off a car I broke (waste not want not)
    Anyway this week saw the start of the welding started by piecing the front chassis leg and repairing the inner wing

next is to repair the ends of the sills and sort the engine bay out.
    Does anyone know the whereabouts of the TB jig I could hire for the engine brackets

I'm only going rev3 n/a to start off with see how I get on with it it will be as much power as the sc so see how long it is before I get bored

That's why I whent straight to 2gr power I would be bored the week after I need that umph as I'm sick of audis/ BMW drivers taking The pea.

lol if I had a turbo its no licence for me tigger at least ive got all my bits except wheel spacers for mine are you putting arches on yours? started putting the bumpers on now.front one is painted and fitting roughly might attack the rear tomorrow when they are both on for real you will have to bob round. Ive got arches bumpers and different side skirts to fit and I might have bagged some sc rear lights fingers crossed

Should be a nice swap I think. Plus the mounts are the same as the turbo should you ever go on the quest for more power.

My only recommendation would be to get a fidanza - I'm a HUGE fan and recommend them to everyone!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

And heres where we are up to today had to put it together as I need the garage this weekend

Looking good I do like the styleauto bumpers.

Nolite id cogere, cape malleum majorem.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Bloody hell Dave, you don't waste any time do you!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

finally

Not going to be doing much next week as ive got to weld the sills up on my mk2 bargin to get a mot on it and getting the engine brackets to the correct size and shape.Need to find out exactly where the engine brackets weld into the mk1 so I can weld them in and plumb the engine in,I love the exhaust i've got for it but still undecisive about the colour of the roof still thinking about black specially as i've got a full set of tinted windows for it and cream leather on its way (me with cream leather like putting a white t shirt on a child and letting them play in mud) heres the mk2

looking good there dave, keep it coming............