Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Loadswine's >MK3< V6 swap!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Loadswine's >MK3< V6 swap!

Well the time has finally come when a mk3 v6 should be built by someone in the UK,nigel and i have done a lot of forward planning on this one and with a parts hold up on whoozys car it was an ideal chance to start work!

To fill you in a little nigels car already has a turbo kit fitted to the woeful 1zz lump,i say woeful because thats what they are! Becky owns one of these,well an Mr-s,same thing! and i regularly take it out....gutless is the only word i can use to describe it! Ive driven others too,all the same,very poor performance.

But nigels beasty is a little different with its turbo kit strapped on and it certainly whizzes along at a pace,but still lacking that oomph!

So here goes,this isnt going to be easy,far from it,but nigels brave enough to let me loose on it and if it all works out ok it should be a right little beast.

SO first of all here is a shot of how things look....

Not much room in that engine bay for.....well anything really! let alone a 6.

Work started by getting rid of the battery and other clutter from the engine bay,and we also removed the rear bumper,this makes access to the rear much easier....

After that i removed the exhaust system and more parts including the chargecooler pipes running front to rear....

Next it was time to remove the turbo equipment,not a bad piece of kit this,quite impressive! engines looking a lot barer now

I had planned to remove the whole engine today but sadly a 32mm double hex socket that i didnt have prevented me from taking the driveshafts out,i have a 32mm but its single hex....so we shut up shop and went to buy one.

Finally today i took a reference shot of how the supported shaft sits in relation to the rear subframe.....this will help with aligning the v6 shaft.

A hell of a lot to come! watch this space.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

This should be interesting,good luck with the build.:thumbsup:

Very cool, we're underway!

Hinteresting.... I've always wanted to see this done! Awesome.... please tell me the mk3 turbo engine is going into a mk1 though? :)

Hey that back end looks promising for finding space for the V6 plenum.
    What driveshaft config are you thinking of; is the track similar to the Mk1/Mk2?
    Will emissions be an issue- cat?

Don\'t look back!

JB 3.0 litre V6 swap complete Undergoing taxiing trials

Just bonkers. Good luck, this one's a little special :)
    Yellow Rev1 Mk2 Supercharged MRV6.

Good luck on this. Will watch closely:)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny g
    I'd rather give Mike Tyson a blow job in front of my mum and dad mate!
    :hidesbehi :hidesbehi :hidesbehi :hidesbehi

MK3 V6 nice - Hey Paul i bet its alot easier without all the rusted bolts etc
    waiting for the next instalment :popcorn:

Fair play and good luck with the build.

Top job - put that engine in a rust bucket :)

Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast