Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Meisters Mk1 2gr-fe conversion - project mindfuck.

Thanks Johnny - I honesty couldn't find that thread. tiem for me to start using the search terms properly!

Lee - I know what you mean and the car certainly won't be a DD or a motorway cruiser (got a hack for that) but I do have a few trips planned and I really dislike unnecessarily high cruising revs. That said, I tend to drive quite sedately on the M-way's anyway - traffic and all that lol

It's tricky because I do need to be sensible. But I think sensible is deciding whether I'm getting this done now, rather than 1 month after the conversion's finished lol

All I whant know is if the acceleration at 70 overtaking on a motorway is brisk enough?

I should coco tiggs - using any of the above FDs or even the 3.625 will not stunt the slaying ability of ~275bhp and ~250lb.ft. in a ~1ton car.

In fact with the 4.285 FD, it would be positively ballistic in 5th at 70 mph, as you'd be (a) sitting right around peak torque and (b) have the meat tof the powerband to go.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Mr PW - do you find that the generic MR2 torque mounts (the rubbery bit) are up to the job on v6's? Mine went through (3) front ones in the space of 2500 miles.... Yeah alright they were all used but still....
    hi dan, no the front NA torque mounts are not up to v6 abuse at all, the turbo front torque mount fairs slightly better, they last maybe up to a year, but we use front polybush mounts on all NA V6's now and in extreme cases like DM's car we fit polys to both mounts. Johnnys car has both mounts done, the stock ones would just rip apart after a short while.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    All I whant know is if the acceleration at 70 overtaking on a motorway is brisk enough?
    Is the pope catholic?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Tiggs i think you are in for a shock mate.

No pics today as it's relatively boring stuff, but the bay is now seam sealed, walbro is installed and tank back in, engine is half way through detailing, DBW custom pedal adapter is made (much more room than on a mk2!). Monday sees the bay resprayed so it will look all pretty again.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

The weather is finally nice again, i was driving mine around today.

passing is completely effortless, drop the right foot and within seconds you've overtaken anyone you wanted to :)

I can't wait for the chaps actually testing this. Paul might well fill his nappy!

Is there an option to fit the supra tt pump Paul, instead of the walbro is it more costly?

Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast