Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Diesel Meisters Mk1 2gr-fe conversion - project mindfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Meister View Post
    5th is sufficient; 4th is showing off; 3rd is plain offensive as far as other road users are concerned. A declaration of violent intent, if you will.
    I love the whole post, but this line just had me cracking up!

*edit* apparently Jiff agrees with me

so better brakes and a papalvent or huge scoop thats me sorted for mods, whos been going on about your car mate its a work in progress it will knock the rust spots of with that aceleration.

you have a cracking car there and once you sort it to your driving style a ballistic missile that can show most so called performance cars your backside as you blast past them at a gazillion mph in a girly blue mk1 that cost a tenth of there car.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    <opens gold envelope> "...... and the winner of best driving testimonial is......"

There is nothing more to say Diran, you just about summed up everything that my Neolithic grasp of the English language could not, all i could say is "this car is frigging scary"

Well done mate :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I loved this line:

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Meister View Post
    Paul kindly demonstrated the G-forces available – suffice it to say I left a crease in the seat!
    Made up for you Diran, you were badgering PW 12 months ago on this and it's unbelievable to think that it's now reality. Enjoy and don't forget me in SW1 when you get a chance.:thumbsup:

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Well done, cracking write-up. :thumbsup:
    I'm now joining the salivating masses waiting for the vid footage! My wallet is saying "don't you dare!", but your prosaic experience is making it hard to say no! lol
    On the cruise, what sort of revs is it pulling at around 70?
    Above all, enjoy it matey!!
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Wow, what a fantastic write-up!

I'm glad I got to see the car when I dropped mine off... .... just an incredible machine.

/boring mode/ take your time learning it and getting used to it though /boring mode/

all the best with it and I look forward to more updates, future mods etc... and happy tales of joyful and safe motoring!
    Daz
    Last edited by Moustachio; 25-05-2010 at 20:43.

Cheers lads - hopefully vids soon!

loadswine - I'm still fiddling with the calibration on the Dakota Digital tach corrector as it read a little low above 2krpms at present but going by the gearing calcuclator and by ear I'd say between 3-3.5kprms for 70 or so, with 80 at somewhere just under four clicks mate. It's fine as the exhaust only gets busy at a cruise if you're above 4k and I couldn't sustain anything more than about 74mph (lol) until I get the wheels realigned (going to WIM).

Makes a nice throaty thrum when you short shift and pull every gear from idle cleanly and rapidly - all that changes is the noise really!

John - open offer of a pax ride mate :thumbsup:

Mike - my only advice to you is
    (i) Get as much airflow as possible around the rad (it's fine on move but doesn't like city traffic, albeit it has been 30 degree this w/e - vented frunk lid mandatory I reckon and Paul Agrees)
    (ii) Prepare to spend lots on petrol as driving it is addictive (not that it's bad on fuel - I'm still doing the average calcs but I filled up with the light on after 280 miles or so)
    (iii) The clutch is fine to operate considering it's capacity, but a clumsy launch on bone dry tarmac will chirrup or even spin the wheels. I'm talking about teensy bit of throttle (torque at idle is sufficient to keep the car rolling!) combined with an indecisive engagement is all it takes to pebble dash the car behind to the primer :icon_lol:
    (iv) Have no illusions regarding the performance of this thing. It. Is. Lethal. Fortunately I'm enough of an old fart to know my limitations but it's still fun learning how many different £40k+ cars you can bitch-slap (metaphorically, occifer guv) without really trying :icon_lol:

Brutal Two's R'Us :thumbsup:
    Last edited by Diesel Meister; 25-05-2010 at 21:03.

280 miles from a Mk1 tank and a V6?

Be happy, be very happy.

Brillaint news DM, chuffed for you chief :o)

Quote Originally Posted by OlberJ View Post
    280 miles from a Mk1 tank and a V6?

Be happy, be very happy.

Brillaint news DM, chuffed for you chief :o)
    Those were the motorway miles, mostly spent nursing the car mind you! Sunday's drive was a bit more "Olly Reed" spec :icon_lol: I'll be happy with a round 200-250 miles in normal use. You need a break after that to allow the adrenaline to subside!

at minimum i get 250miles to a tank if i drive 100% around town only. it quickly goes to 350miles to a tank if it's mostly highway. plus, yours is lighter. seems about right.