Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Meisters Mk1 2gr-fe conversion - project mindfuck.

Nice work chaps! (as always)

Paul, you are using a mk2 turbo ARB, and i can understand wy, the mk1 is like dental floss. But it there any difference between the mk2 turbo and na models? Or maybe a stiffer ARB on the rev2/3?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    It goes by revision rather than turbo/na by the look of it, so early rev1 are 18mm and rev2 look to be 19mm, so i think the rev3 will be thicker again.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

When I last looked at arb bushes there where 5 sizes from 18 to 22 mm.
    So as the revisions go up so does the arb apparently and if ordering bushes you have to check which rev you have.

do the adapters let you use a mk2 hub? or just changes the splines on the mk1 hub to accept the mk2 axle shafts? either way, how much???

This lets you keep the Mk1 knuckle but uses the Mk2 stub axle/flange.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

More Mk1 2gr madness from today, i found a 1mz camry expansion bottle is the perfect size and shape for the job...

Also made the first part of the induction pipework with MAF mounting boss on it...

The supported shaft needed its bearing relocating towards the diff as do all 2gr swaps...

The view from underneath...

A reminder of just how good Marcs mounting kit is....

So the engine is now totally plumbed up, clutch line adapter made, gear cables modified at the stick and speedo cable routed....all we have left to do is...

Driveshafts
    Frankenstein Motorworks rear hubs
    Exhaust
    Battery relocation
    Wiring
    Brakes
    Engine lid
    WS alloy rad upgrade
    Boot access panel
    Refit rear window,bootlid,side panels
    Tacho correction
    Wheels

Judging by how you've flown through this, it'll be on the road for testing in about a week! This is the best Mk1 build I've seen on here, period.

That statement all depends on how a certain Mk1 V8 turns out, but i agree DM's build is ticking all the right boxes for me, i love it and would kill for this car.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    That statement all depends on how a certain Mk1 V8 turns out, but i agree DM's build is ticking all the right boxes for me, i love it and would kill for this car.
    I'm always willing to change my mind, but for mere mortals, this is the best Mk1... :thumbsup:

yep i agree, for attainability it is the best by far, the V8 is more of a Holy grail swap that i doubt anyone will ever ask me to build for them.

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast