Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: D-pegs V6 Scion supercharger kit

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Yes of course it's still alive, but this is a side project for both dan and myself, it will happen eventually but these things take time.
    I should be cutting the first brackets for the 3vz next week. Like you say Paul it's a side project at the mo. I really have to get mr2big's 1mz Auto swap finished first. Just about got his engine mounts done now :)

Hi Paul,

It wasn't till i was down Michael's (mr2big) that i spotted the issue with the 1mz and fitting this charger. The heads are a good 40mm longer as the timing gears are on the end! i had never noticed it before.

If this is the problem that is causing the firewall to be cut to install this how about i price up some machined parts to make the drive shaft and cover longer?

The d/s is a straight bit of bar with a key on each end
    The cover a tube with two machined bits on each end (could have the plug welds drilled out and re-used.

Will take me about an hour to do some engineering drawings.....

this should make the difference between cutting the firewall and perhaps a little light metal work on the heatshield and heater pipes....

waddaya think?

EDIT;

Received just this very minute! Iteration-1 of the 3VZ supercharger brackets.... One end i expect to fit fine. the other is a trial to see how it goes. I will probably have a look at these this weekend.....
    Last edited by dgh938peg; 01-03-2010 at 16:29.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Hi dan, i had a good look at it and even with an exteneded shaft drive we would only gain about 3/4" of space around the charger, so it would still mean a bulkhead mod of some sort.... so if we need to mod that area at all it seems pointless making the shaft extension, although i'd be 100% all for it if i thought it would mean no mods at all.

I need to take another look at that and see if the effort is going to be worth the gain mate.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I'll be slinging mr2big's in this week (Wednesday) so should be able to hold the compressor up along side and see where it sits.

But of course the other biggie with the 1mz is timing belt sprocket being on the exhaust cam (inlet cam on 3vz)

Had a bit of a brainwave (or maybe a brain fart - who knows) :)

mr2big is adding a filter relocation kit along with a cooler. The kit he got was MR2 fitment and goes on both the 3vz and 1mz no problem.

My thinking is adding in a line.

Run from the relocator boss to the filter, then add a line in to run to and from the SC then on to the cooler (then obviously back to the relocator....

would save on having to work the sump?

Waddya think PW?

EDIT;

The other thing, particularly with the 1mz, how about putting the SC through the middle of the Vee? like Gouky is doing with the 2GR...... May save firewall mods...
    Last edited by dgh938peg; 11-03-2010 at 14:05.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Are you talking about T'ing off the oil relocation line to feed the SC? That will work if it's T'd off, but not inline.... basically because you will starve the rest of the engine of oil because the SC feed needs throttling back. There is still no return path from SC to sump as both sides of the relocation kit are high pressure.... you need an ambient zero pressure return to sump.

The Vee mounting idea will only work if the shaft was extended considerably and of course a new plenum made i think, i think the SC would foul the throttle body.

All good though thinking of new stuff.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

so, should we start scooping up trd chargers now?

ps: when browsing ebay what exactly do i search for if i want to browse the scion supercharger? i searched scion supercharger and got BS results.

my cousins wants to do this on his scion, and i had no idea they were so cheap. which is why i wanted to browse them.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHero View Post
    ps: when browsing ebay what exactly do i search for if i want to browse the scion supercharger? i searched scion supercharger and got BS results.

my cousins wants to do this on his scion, and i had no idea they were so cheap. which is why i wanted to browse them.
    Search for "TRD Scion Supercharger"

any updates/news on this? im really excited about it.

and idea on what its going to cost?

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast