123456713 ...

thread: D-pegs V6 Scion supercharger kit

Sep 2007
    Up the creek
    Dan i think your 3vz top rad pipe design is going to get in the way of yours mate, that will need a rework, i've got a mk2 v6 here i can take measurements from but cheers anyway bud.
    :)
    You're right paul - it is completely in the way! I have all the measurements i need to design the brackets to fit the 3vz (aside the block which i am detailing tonight). Then it'll be laser cut brackets and trial fitting in a few weeks time on topgun's engine (yes the old TuRD boy is going all v6 on us!!)

Mine is off to the bodyshop next week so can't afford to start ripping coolant pipes out. But when it's back it'll be straight on with the charger. The waterpipe i was thinking of taking through the vee and making a custom alloy pipe that pick up on the two bolts where the electrical conduit fits to presently. I have got into a bit of CF moulding and was considering making a custom Carbon Fibre centre cover to go over the pipe. :thumbsup:

Sep 2007
    Up the creek
    As another note Paul,

We had a lookie at intercoolers and have got two of these off eBay USA - though there are similar ones in UK. I'ts a 12" x 12" x 3" thick core with 3" in and out.

This is the closest i can find although the ones i have are 3" in and out.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CXRac...Q5fAccessories

Hope this helps bud!

Mar 2006
    Ceti Alpha 6
    Good work Paula, I don't know how you managed to keep it a secret for so long. (cough cough)

It's nice to see an alternative to the trd unit.

Mar 2006
    Ceti Alpha 6
    As another note Paul,

We had a lookie at intercoolers and have got two of these off eBay USA - though there are similar ones in UK. I'ts a 12" x 12" x 3" thick core with 3" in and out.

This is the closest i can find although the ones i have are 3" in and out.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CXRac...Q5fAccessories

Hope this helps bud!
    Oh er Missus that's a sexy engine bay.

Nov 2009
    Seattle, WA, USA
    This is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. I'm absolutely in for a kit once you get it sorted.

Nov 2008
    Glasgow
    cant wait to see results of this :) it may be a wee while till i can afford it but i'm defo in! cant tell you how pleased i am to hear that paul is making this kit- cant get much more piece of mind than that!

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Thanks for that dan, i think i am going to supply a chargecooler option with the kit instead, the twinpass design of them is more user friendly to the kit plus it offers the best cooling option. Something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LIQUID-INTERCO...item2a042102ca

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Sep 2006
    One of those would be pretty good, when you consider the price of Cinquecento radiators
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-CINQUECEN...item414affbee0

Chargecooler pump
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AVT-Bosch-Char...item3efbfda801

You're talking about £220 for materials, for a complete CC setup. Just the labour then.

Would the Cinqy rad fit in the Mk1/Mk3 front?

Could the CC core be fitted in the bay down by the passenger vent or is that too tight?

Apr 2007
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Oooh I'm very excited about this one! This is the way I've always wanted to go with my 3VZ, so now that I know there's some potential in this kind of SC package, it'll be easier for me to blinker the 2GR!

Marvelous work as always Mr Woods. Hopefully it won't need to much butchery to get it into a mk2.
    Check out my MR2 journal

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Yeah i think it would fit down by the passenger vent although to be honest the aircooling effect from the vent won't really do much to the chargecooler... can't hurt though. Yep the cinqy rad will fit both Mk1 and Mk3, we've fitted them to Mk1's in the past.

More measuring yesterday confirmed that a Mk2 is definately going to need the heater pipes altering and also a little "relief" given to a specific area of the firewall, there is just not enough room for a straight install and the SC location is the only place it will go on the engine. Still i think a few other mods are a small price to pay for getting this to work.

I really do want this kit to be as complete as possible, while that may drive the cost up in terms of parts it should be easier to DIY. I also fancy supplying a dual boost/afr gauge with the kit to keep everything monitored...

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

123456713 ...

•